Motorcycle Forums banner
121 - 132 of 132 Posts

· Registered
530 Posts
Was visiting DC this week and was on the beltway and man people drive crazy there. I don't care whether car or motorcycle, it's a risky place to speed or perform a chase. Hope this doesn't put another notch in the anti 2-wheel legislation I'm sure some crackpots formulating in the capitol.

· Registered
409 Posts
Re: Stupidity, lots of it all around

Stupid motorcyclist + stupid cop = 2 dead, 15 injured.

In all fairness, stupid motorcyclist should have just pulled damn over when the cops got behind him. I mean damn, what could he have gotten ticked for that was that serious? We'll never know. What the F*ck are you all doing showing support for the idiot on the bike who just didn't stop? That is just plain dumb.

Again in all fairness, why in the hell would anyone even try a high speed pursuit on the freaking Capitol Beltway? It is NEVER high speed and is ALWAYS chock full of cars. That is also just plain dumb.

From the accident description in the Post (but you all give it as much credence as MCN) sounds like the cop was going to hit something hard anyway! Why would a swerve by the bike cause the car to hit something so hard as to go airborn over the top of a +6 foot barrier....

Yep, Stupid+Stupid does equal death and destruction. hope they find the bastard on the bike and grill him, right along with the idiot cop who also should spend some time in jail too and never drive again, IMHO.

Oh yeah, that video will go public. Pretty sure someone will Freedom of Information Act it as soon as all the trials are over...

· Snuggles
4,369 Posts

"What the F*ck are you all doing showing support for the idiot on the bike who just didn't stop?"

-Did you even read the posts? No one is defending the speeder that ran. Everyone is *****ing about the poor decision making that cops use when attempting a chase. Whether it is a bike or car they are after.

· Registered
11,482 Posts
Re:

OK.

· Registered
11,482 Posts
Re:

OK.

· Registered
138 Posts

"The accident "illustrates the problem we have with speed and what can happen in an instant," High said."

More like "The accident illustrates how willing our officers are to put the public at danger by pursuing a speeder."

How many extra tickets must be written a month to pay for a totaled police cruiser and the lawsuits filled by the innocent folks injured in this chase?

Just say'n.

· Registered
1,188 Posts
If they get your license number, and you run, confiscate the bike. If you weren't riding it, you should have been more careful in who you loaned it to. There's only about 3 people in the world I would trust with my bike anyway. None of them would pull a dumb-ass stunt like that, and if they did, they would be buying me a replacement.

121 - 132 of 132 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.