Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
I still like the Europen version of the ER6N better than ours. I hate taking off all the fairings to change the oil. I'm interested in seeing the 675 test also. It'll be interesting tp see how it compares to the new GSXR600 and R6.. Supersport smackdown 2006 !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Re: FYI

I just meant the 600 in general. Although I would like to see the GSXR750 in the 1000cc shootout to see how it compares.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Captions please...

Hey, what is that sport-tourer looking bike in pic 31 (DSC2008.jpg)? It looks like a slightly smaller version of a BMW R1200RT but I don't think it's a boxer. There is a BMW sign far in the background.

Bikervince

·
Registered
95 Posts
Deauville

Guess I should have mentioned it.... It's the Honda Deauville, a Europe only soft tourer with integral bags, quite popular in France/Germany. It used to have a 650 version of Honda's small V-twin water cooled mills, it's has grown for 2006 to 680cc and received a major redesign.

·
Registered
36 Posts
What! Not a single mention of a completely new motorcycle shown in one of your pictures (31)! Is this motojournalism? I have to assume that it's a BMW shaft drive something but who knows since you didn't say a word about it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm with you. I don't see why if Suzuki offers the SV in both naked and "S" models why Kawi can't do the same. I do like the Ninja 650 having seen it in person up at Biketoberfest...but would love to pick up one of those cool-lookin' naked bikes...

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Based on comments seen in "Bike" et. al. for years, I suppose the Deauville revamp (pic 31) is waaay overdue. Didn't it have the old NT650 mill? Looks like the child of the ST13.

Guess Ducati had not shown its new stuff at Paris. Hopefully MO will have Youseff at the Milan show with write up coming a bit quicker.

Obligatory curmudgonly grumble: where is Honda Varadero - in a general sense?? Is Honda too busy building -er - really plain looking cars and tweaking unrequested VTec systems to bother bringing this to the US? Inquiring minds want to know.

At least they don't employ Bangle or Robb!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.