Motorcycle Forums banner

Park Cty. Sheriff Tops 145 mph in Chase.

15K views 72 replies 46 participants last post by  Dangerousdave_2 
#1 ·
Re: Park Cty Sheriff Tops 145 mph in Chase.

In a Crown Vic? Yeah, right.

#2 ·

A crown Vic without a light bar will top out at about 135-137 mph if new and in good tune, max. However a few cop forces are rumoured to have bought a few Mercury Marauders. And having virtualy the same engine as the Mustang GT, these rare sizziling hot baconrunners really can makes pigs fly. The OPP here in Toronto are rumoured to have one, though I've yet to see it, and hopefully, I never seen it in my mirror.

#3 ·

"I just hit his rear tire on his motorcycle and then he lost control,"

Anyone else have a problem with this? He intentionally downed a bike at some presumably very high speed. LEOs are trained to (safely) spin a car out, but a bike?

Note that I in no way condone what the biker was doing - he should loose his ticket for a very long time and spend a while locked up.

#4 ·

Let's pretend he was chasing a car instead and in the post-chase interview the officer says: "I got close to the motorist and took a few shots at him with my service revolver, to get him to pull over." How do you think that would play in the media?

#6 ·

Right, then you woke up...

Like the time I got a ticket on my Jawa 90 for going "over 80 mph" by LA's finest...

Sounds like the good sheriff was hopped up on too many doughnuts. I don't think a Crown Victoria could hit 145, even if you dropped it out of a C130 from 10,000 feet.

#7 ·

Agreed, specially on those roads. It's been awhile since I been through there but I suspect a Crown Vic would reguire a long straight to break 100.. I don't see any long straights on the google sat map..

#9 ·

The CV is supposed to be able to hit about 130. This was near Denver. Maybe they were going downhill. Maybe the extra donught weight helps with downhill velocities.

#10 ·

So after he was knocked down to the ground, he got up and got in his car, maneuvered it back onto the road and then sped off to attempt to kill the motorcyclist? He's apparently made of sterner stuff than anyone I know...

#13 ·

The motorcyclist assaulted an LEO and refused to obey him. This makes the motorcyclist (or anyone who would do such things) subject to immediate execution by an LEO. Also, the creation of extreme danger for bystanders by means of a high speed chase is irrelevant. Killing the odd citizen or two won't affect the department's revenues and it's highly unlikely that any bystanders will be important people (i.e. govt officials).

Where you been?

#14 ·

If I was a cop and a guy on a motorcycle ran me over and attempted to flee I think I'd be hard pressed to not shoot him right there.

However, I agree with you that since he managed to keep his cool enough to chase the guy down it is attempted murder to crash into a motorcyclist regardless of how much of a pr1ck the biker is.

#15 ·

I can't vouch for 145mph in a Crown Vic Interceptor, but i can vouch for 130, and it doesn't take that long to get there. Granted it's not a vette or ferarri by any means but it'll get to at least 130, and fairly smoothly i might add.

#19 ·

Yep Good point... That sounds more likely..

#21 ·

(Sarcasm on)Yep even though the LEO has the guys license plate number the LEO has no time to check to see if the bike is stolen so he must peruse. He must make an example of this public menace by chasing and bumping him (sarcasm off). I am sure they could have picked him up quietly latter on and not burn all of that gas.

Kind of like the ATF and FBI had to take down David Koresh of Waco fame ASAP they couldn't wait and pick him up at a 7/11 quietly. Danger to the public and all of that.

#22 ·

The Police Model Charger is speed-limited to 145mph.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.