Motorcycle Forums banner

Parks DeerSport Gloves Feedback

30K views 35 replies 22 participants last post by  petert 
#1 ·
Is this an ad or a review? Sounds like an ad to me, and if so, shouldn't there be some sort of a disclaimer mixed in there?

Just wondering....

#6 ·
Yeah well the next time I start worrying about what other people think will be the first time.

I suppose they wouldn't look so gay if they had those chrome knuckles and looked like transformer gloves. Then my 5 year-old or those two would be stealing them all the time.

I'm over the 1000 mile mark so it's time for service, air cleaner and slip-ons.

#7 ·
Lee Parks

He was the head guy over at Motorcycle Consumer News up until a couple of years ago. I used to subscribe to that overprices rag but got tired of their Harley bashing. If it was foreign it was the greatest. For instance, just because they were used to the way the turn signal work on all jap bikes when they test road the Harleys they bashed Harley's turn signal switches because they were different. Depends what you get accustomed to. Least ways, that the way I see it. Parks was and probably still is a braggart buttwipe and he can keep his overpriced gloves. I can get a pair of deer hide gloves at the tractor supply store for under $20 and that is good enough for me.

#9 ·
Let me know how much of a difference the air cleaner and pipes make. Don't forget the ECU remap or Power Commander. I assume it's injected? I haven't done a thing yet, but I am thinking of pipes and cleaner. Contrary to Harley lore, I don't want mine too loud.

#11 ·
I never had a problem with gloves fitting until I got a pair of these. I bought them through their website after reading a review in one of the moto-mags. They suck. The thumb is out of proportion to the rest of the fingers. I called them up and the only thing they had to say was that since they are made from deerskin they will eventually stretch!

They’re collecting dust in my garage.

#13 ·
Let me understand this....you are in the market for a ~$100 pair of gloves, and you are gonna quibble over +- $10 on the price?

I have no opinion as to whether these are worth more or less than the Held gloves, but 10 bucks one way or the other probably ain't gonna be the deciding factor. Comfort and protection are too important, and considering how much I have invested in the rest of my gear (not to mention the motorcycle), why should I scrimp here?

Style is in the eye of the beholder, but what is it that you find ugly?

#16 ·
I think the air cleaner/chip upgrade is the most bang for the buck (based on my father's Ultra vs. my now sold Ultra). The one issue with it was that there was a dramatic increase in intake noise. The extra power was nice however.

I never thought the slip-ons made a huge difference in usable power. I, like longride, preferred to keep mine a little socially acceptable.

#18 ·
They'd look even less gay if, in addition to the chrome knuckles, you cut the fingers off. That wouldn't look gay at all.

You're right--they really are great gloves. I usually go through a pair of gloves every two seasons (I ride a lot in all kinds of bad weather). I think these will be the first to last longer.

#20 ·
Helds are nice. I really like the built-in squeegie (sp). Comes in real handy at times. Bad thing about Held is their support network. Basically, there is none. I scuffed my pair last year and wanted to get them repaired (like Vanson, Z and other swill do), but no dice. Also, Parks gloves are made in the good old US of A.

#23 ·
Try putting some rubbing alcohol on them (or at least the thumbs) while you have them on. They will stretch like they do when wet, but the alcohol evaporates much faster.

Old trick for stretching cowboy boots.

#25 ·
I have seen the ad for these gloves and this article in MO is almost exactly the same words. This is not a review! I think that MO should spend a little more time earning our subscription dollars writting original reviews that provide useful information.

I subscribe to Motorcycle Consumer News and they manage to write original articles that have a real world slant.

#26 ·
Um, they're gloves Dude . . .

. . . were you expecting a Dyno test or something? Exactly what "useful information" are you talking about? The piece pretty much told me what I needed to know. Not that I'm currently in the glove market, but they seem like a good pair. Frankly, the reader feedback has been far more useful in evaluating the comments of those who have actually owned them, and you ain't gonna find that in your pitiful, too cheap for color, $41 per year rip off, Motorcycle Consumer News!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.