Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
When I'm on my liter bike overtaking cruiser types I like the old point-n-shoot technique...

get inside entering a corner, brake late and park it at the apex forcing 'em to go wide, then use my bikes superior acceleration to rocket ahead.

total ownage! LOL

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Hook a big wheelie while thumbing your nose. Works best if you're on an old Enduro or XL350.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
If you are on a sportbike this should be no problem. kpaul beeps waves and blasts by the entire lot.. When kpaul gets his bolt he won't wave or beep cause they'll understand that its kbuell on black thunder..

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have always followed these rules for "passing"......

1. Try to keep it quiet in polite company. (it's O.K. to let er rip in front of your buddies....)

2. Always try to go outside or out into the hall, and walk a little ways to keep it from following you back in....

3. If it is at all possible, make arrangements to have a dog (or other domestic animal) around on which to place the blame......

Follow these guidelines, and you can be sure to be socially acceptable.

Rob

·
Registered
285 Posts
Black Thunder......

.... could work. Hmmmmmm.

How about InkBlackSquid!

or SquidThunder? or maybe Squiunder!

LightningSquid?

Oh, yeaaaa. That's it.

All bow before the mighty LIGHTNINGSQUID!!

Welcome to the revolution, my brother!

What happens when you put a big, nasty turbodiesel with 650 lb/ft in a Ferrari?

The 4 wheeled equivalent of a BUELL!

AAAHHH HA ha hahahahahaha!!

Rob

·
Registered
7 Posts
I usually try my best to be polite, ride along for a few miles, pass two or three at a time without getting crazy, waving to acknowledge fellow riders, etc., but ultimately you will have to blow past these slugs if you are going to enjoy your ride.

In researching passing etiquette on several group riding forums, it seems that many of these guys are offended when you don't follow thier group rules. While I avoid having too great a speed differential when passing, the size and slowness of these groups often requires going 130+ to safely get past them.

Respect, but get the f**k out of my way!

·
Registered
238 Posts
LMFAO - Priceless!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Absolutely. If you can get past a whole bunch in one swoop, go for it. Otherwise, you sort of find yourself passing one or two at a time. I try to sort of follow whatever staggered formation they're in, because there's a reason for it, but I don't let it stop me from moving up every chance I get, without getting crazy about it, just like you should do with cars.

·
Registered
780 Posts
"often requires going 130+ to safely get past them"

Wow, genius here thinks going 130mph on public roads is safe … and then folks are amazed when ordinances are passed in towns trying to ban motorcycles. Rest assured, pass me at 130 mph and your only ride will be the bus … for a long time.

And yes, I do take offence. I happen to have a family who use the road also. I would prefer not having their lives endangered by an ignorant idiot who believes himself to be above the rule of law.

I suggest you get the f*ck off public roads.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Most riders are polite

Most riders are polite when they pass and pass in the other lane or ask if they can pass in my lane.

But I had this happen one day.

Was riding along on my Buell XB12S at a good clip and pretty close following space (here in Arizona you can't legally lane split) when a guy on Fatboy came racing by in my lane right next to me never slowing down withing mabye two inches then racing on past missed the car in from by two inches and kept right on going.

If I had suddnely moved over in my lane to the other side we would have collided!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.