Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Acting like what!?! Where in the report does it say he was going too fast, or driving recklessly? I'm not going to say it's impossible he was speeding, but lets wait and see what the real deal is before suggesting that someone deserves to be in the hospital in serious condition.

If you can honestly say you've never broken the speed limit or gone a bit faster than you should around a corner or over a bump (and like I said, we still don't know if Travis was doing any of that), then you can think about passing judgement on someone else. Regardless of what your driving habits are, you're still an insensitive c0cksucker for jumping to a conclusion like that. What if he was your son? Would you still think he deserved it?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Let's get this straight--the report above said that he got his Corvette airborne. It's not that big a leap to assume that he was driving at an unsafe speed.

No, I don't think he deserved anything. Thing is, when you drive fast and take chances, sometimes the consequences catch up with you.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Re: Pastrana just a kid

We all do dumb things. Teenagers do alot more of them. Considering his age and line of work he probably felt invincible.

I'm 37 and drive a Camaro Z28 and a VFR and it scares me to think that teenagers are driving these things.

·
Registered
415 Posts
What kind of mind does it take to say, "...anyone acting like this on public roads deserves what he got"?

Never mind. I think I have it. It's the same mindset that says, "She deserved to get raped for wearing that short skirt and heavy make-up".

You're either an old dude who is cynical beyond his years or a young guy who is just too ignorant to have any respect for life.

Did Pastrana make a mistake in judgment? It appears so. Does he deserve to die for it? No.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The car becomes airborn going over a hill and you are not sure he was speeding? Nobody is responsible for what happens to them. Poor me, look what happened, why oh why did this happen to me. Actions have results, you do the crime you pay the time.

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Not wearing a seatbelt is like riding without a full face helmet

"The force of the collision flipped the Corvette, threw Mr. Pastrana from the vehicle and blew apart the engine, police said" "I don't need to wear a seatbelt I have airbags besides I am not going to crash vs. I don't need a full face helmet cause I am going to land on top of my head not on my face besides I am not going to crash. My favorite from longride "If you are really good and ride a cruiser you are not going to crash so you don't need a helmet".

·
Registered
878 Posts
The guy is still in the hospital, the family hasn't commented, and already you are mocking him in advance for feeling sorry for himself?

It's unfortunate that this happened, but honestly, who among us wouldn't have loved to be in his position when we were 19? Driving a fast new Corvette and having fun? Perhaps he was driving over his head but the kid's only 19, cut him a break.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Re: Not wearing a seatbelt is like riding without a full face helmet

"Well I'll tell you what I'm blathering about.......new sh_t has come to light, and......sh_t man, has it ever occurred to you that instead of ahh.....you know, running around ahh....ahh...blaming me, given the nature of all this new sh_t, this might be a lot more ah..ah..ahhh.....complex, it might just......it might not be such a simple.....ahh..ahh.....ya know???"

----------------The Dude

·
Registered
320 Posts
Re: Not wearing a seatbelt is like riding without a full face helmet

Yeah but what if he was wearing a full face, do you think he'd be in better shape now?

We could all walk around in suits of armour, but sooner or later....

Watch your diet, exercise regularly, don't smoke drink only in moderation...........die anyway!

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Re: Pastrana just a kid

It scares me worse to see these AARP members going out and doing the same thing.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.