Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: Philip Island SBK

This had to be the wildest race I have seen. The weather was just out of control. I was very surprised that they ran the race. If that were the AMA they would have went running home with their tail between their legs.

·
Registered
12 Posts

I think the lives of the riders are more important than running a race. A little rain is not bad, but there is a limit. SBK should have a set system of rules in place. I belive GP 500 had a similar problem with Roberts last year. The animated discussion between Corser and Tardozzi? Tardozzi is Italian!!!!!

We dont disscuss, we fight to get our point accross!!! DrEvil....

·
Registered
368 Posts
Off topic, but need help contacting MO

I've been trying without luck to send some feedback to somebody at MO. I tried Hackfu and Minime (clicking on their name), and after filling out the feedback item I kept getting errors trying to connect to a server (but all other access at MO is working).

The reason I'm trying to contact somebody is...

On Friday, I submitted a news item (using the POST ARTICLE link), about the Willow Springs round of the AMA races being back on again. I submitted this sometime Friday afternoon (Eastern time), but I haven't seen this story anywhere. Is there some sort of review process that has to happen after we do one of these? Or do they even do anything at all? Are they only for MO staff, or is it really meant to allow readers to post an article?

I like the idea of being able to submit a new story when I find something I feel is breaking news. But if I don't have any confidence in this process, I won't be using it.

Thanks for your help in advance. You should have my email address in your database so you can contact me if you don't want to post the comments here.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Re: Off topic, but need help contacting MO

Yeah, what HackFu said. Also, e-mail me directly at [email protected] or get HackFu on [email protected] if it's something really cool/urgent.

Many people post irritating questions or think it's news when their sister's puppy has twins or when they've had a few too many with the boys and decided to solve all the world's problems by posting their musings at MO or... well, you get the idea. If it's a really good thing, don't hesitate to contact us directly.

·
Registered
368 Posts

I emailed you and Hackfu directly. But could you tell me, is the POST ARTICLE thing for what I tried to use it? Should I (or anybody else) bother trying to use it?

·
Registered
350 Posts

Yeah, it's for motorcycl-related news. It goes into a queue and, if we deem it news-worthy, then we'll post it, crediting the author.

Got your e-mail... trying to get more info, though. Heard a few different stories as to who's going to be promoting it, etc.

·
Registered
23 Posts
"The clerk of the course said it was too dangerous but the organisers wouldn't listen to him. He asked me to try to get the race stopped."

>Well it's getting way out of hand when the clerk of the course has no power at a race meeting, especially when due to the there really was no other decission to be made, other than to can the event.

Are we really to believe that he had to run to one of the riders and ask for a rider boycott in order to exercise the power to call of a non-event?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Wow... good story had it been posted yesterday like everyone else. It sucks they cancelled the race but probably best for all involved. Since when was someone else out with Edwards? The official SBK site made no mention of anyone other than Edwards going out on a sighting lap.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yeah, you could see on the telly Steve Martin going out with Edwards. They were the best two to send since Edwards is World Champ and Martin has done as many laps around PI as anyone.

·
Registered
8 Posts
What a Weekend, Friday and the month before was great weather the week before the world MX at Broadford some 200km NE from Phillip Island was great. And it is still raining here on Tuesday and my gear is still wet, we run races here in that weather all the time at Phillip Island, we have only stopped three race meetings in the last 6 years for the same weather. The riders did agreat job any body that can win in that, can call them selfs world champion, you got to win in all conditions.

·
Registered
368 Posts
They probably meant "uncharacteristic" relative to his performance so far this season. His results so far this year are:

* Valencia 3rd & DNF

* Kayalami 4th & 1st

* qualified 4th

* currently 4th in the championship

So after those results, finishing 11th was uncharacteristic. Why do so many people continue to harp on Bostrom. For a young rider with very little racing experience at a world level I think he is doing very well now.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I think people pick on Bostrom because he doesn't go out and ride above his head the first time out on a new bike or new track. He has a very mature approach to learning new tracks and bikes. He takes his time and gets things right the first time. Versus crashing all the time because he is trying to learn to much to fast. Anyway, I like Bostrom and I think he is doing things right. He will win more races and in time maybe win a WSBK championship. We will see.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Rain Happens. Get used to it. It's a test of skill where everyone is racing on the same track, in the same conditions. I hate to hear that some pansy-ass didn't want to race because it was "too dangerous." And riding a 175HP motorcycle at 180MPH around a dry track isn't? I'm sure Scott Russell would tell you it's not dangerous, especially standing still on the starting grid.

Run the race, damn the weather, and may the most skilled rider win.

·
Registered
17 Posts

Thats all very well and good, but the report on Hogdson...what does wheelspan mean? Is it the distance from one side of the rim to the other or what. Does he not mean wheelspin.....another case of poor english. Wheelspan jeez

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.