Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sport Rider did a review of the new Mille's in it's current article and they seem to think Aprilia's success is in part due to the ability to avoid the inevitable red-tape that comes from being as large as a Ducati or Kawasaki, let alone Honda.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think I am seeing an obvious problem and trend here. V-Twin technology has now advanced to the level of 4cyl technology, and power output of the V-Twins are now equaling the 4cyl in HP and making much more TQ. It is time for Superbike 4cyl machines to be given equal footing here and given 1000cc machines to work with as the V-Twins. Only three of the top 10 riders are on 4cyl bikes, 4th being the top, and every single race has been won by a V-Twin in WSBK, not by coincidence I think. I feel Suzuki needs to get Mladin on the WSBK program!

·
Registered
15 Posts
You are a wee bit off the mark. Fourth is not that bad(for a 4 cyl.) considering the effort that has gone into 2 cyl. development. There is no, I repeat, no way a 2cyl. engine could compete with a 4 cyl. if they had equal displacement as you suggest. As far as Mladin is concerned------------get a grip.

·
Registered
6 Posts
They should just call world super joke, The BATTLE OF THE SUPER TWINS. If they wanted it to be fair, they would have changed the rules long ago. I cant wait for the moto gp next year. Screw world super bike.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Lemme guess, you own a GSXR, ZX7, or some other inline-4. You think the inline 4's have a disadvantage? Chili and Haga had no problems winning races last year. The inlines make more hp than the twins so where's the advantage? Engines are basically air pumps and 1000cc twins pump basically the same amount of air as inline 4s and that's a proven fact. If you want inlines to win, try spending some money on some good riders.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Do I hear a little bitterness towards twins? -What, did one beat you on the road? What do you mean change the rules?-Moto GP has rules too-they are just a little different -more weight for more cylinders-same s*it just different pile! I guess you don't like competition- WSBK is one of the best places to see close racing! I guess you haven't watched it lately?

·
Registered
1 Posts
horsepower depends on the max. rpm of an engine and the newer generation of twins can spin more rpm than ever, Yet not as many rpm as an inline 4, but the nature of a twin gives a wider power delivery that is more tire and traction friendly. As the twins win more, the rules will need to be adjusted, if the sanctioning body does not want a "battle of the twins"

·
Registered
6 Posts
Twin boy,

As said by the men who race them...You have to ride alot harder on a inline bike, just to keep up with a guy who is cruising on a twin. 8 out of 11 championships by twins...soon to be 9 out of 12.You can talk out your back side all day long, but you cant change the facts. By the way, what was the owner of world super jokes last name anyway?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Fabio,

I've watched near every race for about 6 years now, and i like competition...fair competition. World super joke is slighted twards the twins. Its not ground breaking news....except maybe for you. 8 out of 11 championship for twins. soon to be 9 out of 12. And then it was usually a twin 1 and 2nd if not third, like this year is going to be. When the day came that i started cheering for any inline, i said screw it. And so have alot of other people. I hope "battle of the super twins" gets what they have asked for when the new GP class starts, more factories saying "see ya"

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow what a whining Yamaha butthead~! Get a grip man your guys broke the rules last year and paid the price. Although I`ll say the penalty didn`t necessarily fit the crime but rules are rules. WSB is definitely on the down swing but I`m sure all the manufacturers will build top moto gp bikes in the future. So what will you have to cry about when Honda starts whipping your ass in 500`s oh wait I`m sure they run fim too right............ Here`s your crying towel Buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts

First of all ,I was talking about" World Super Jokes" rules in general, not about your smoke blowing hondogs. Ya they rip......when they run. And yes jason (the one who drove lisa off the pwc site) The m1 will be kickin ass and takin names come next year. Get ready to wear the Yamaha hat you twin lovin squid.

pengilly

p.s. real motorcycles have four cylinders!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Oh really Jeff....Come on wether it be twins or fours Honda has conqured all areas! As for the M-1 we will see when the green flag drops next year. As for wearing hats I`ll be wearing a yamaha hat as soon as your wearing a Honda hat because all in all Honda still did win the superbike title!!!!!!!!!!!!! P.S. I think we all know who (you) drove Lisa of the watercraft site...........

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.