Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Holly Sh!t,

This was like asking a chick what dress she likes the best.

Why not have the bike custom painted when you order it and have Yami pay for it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes I would have to agree! they should make the race replica solid blue racing edition,a red racing edition,and a special Kenny Roberts limited edition YELLOW AND BLACK one!

·
Registered
486 Posts
SOLID COLORS SOLID COLORS SOLID COLORS SOLID COLORS SOLID COLORS SOLID COLORS SOLID COLORS SOLID COLORS SOLID COLORS SOLID COLORS SOLID COLORS SOLID COLORS SOLID COLORS SOLID COLORS SOLID COLORS SOLID COLORS SOLID COLORS SOLID COLORS SOLID COLORS SOLID COLORS SOLID COLORS SOLID COLORS SOLID COLORS SOLID COLORS SOLID COLORS SOLID COLORS SOLID COLORS SOLID COLORS SOLID COLORS SOLID COLORS SOLID COLORS SOLID COLORS SOLID COLORS SOLID COLORS SOLID COLORS SOLID COLORS

·
Registered
486 Posts
Wasn't the OW-M1 matte black? If that's the case, your local hardware store could help you out with $20 of spraypaint. It's the beautiful, deep solid colors (think Triumph Sprint ST) that really only look right when done in the factory.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I agree, in Yamaha's own words, words, the solid colors (especially silver) give the impression of a "clean [and] sophisticated design".

·
Registered
9 Posts
hell all the jap bikes have too many graphics.a bike is masculine and muscular.now like Arnold Schwarzenegger looks better in a tux or Armani and in punk styles and bright colors make him look like a sissy and makes us puke.so bike should have solid colors ,black silver ,carbon grey,ash grey,metallic blue,dark blue ,medium blue like current R1 but only solid singlecolor scheme and no graphics.Even the manufacturer & model logos should be in black/silver paint not in stickers,not in bright flashy yellow /pink red/orange.the only red yellow orange must be the tail lights,warning lights and turn signals.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Re: I like solid colors too, but

Make mine a yellow and black bumble bee like one of King Kennys old TZs, extra boner points if you fit a 4 cyl 2 stroke to it!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Uninspiring? Then why can't you find either at a YAMAHA dealership? SOLD OUT! A whole lot of someones liked that scheme.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hate to bust anyones dream of becoming a consultant to YAMAHA, but the colors of the R-1 have been selected for several months. As a former R&D employee of "Big Blue", I know that this is just a 'teaser' for us, to generate interest and conversation. Are any of these colors coming on the 'new' R-1? I doubt it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Ok, ok, now, like most everyone else on this post, I really like solid colours... er for the Americans... colors. However, I may be showing my squidly side, I kinda like that flame design. Flames on a stock 'cycle... that's pretty cool. Otherwise solid black, yellow, red, silver - none of those whacked out graphics please.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Nah, a whole lot of someones liked the bike.

I hate the dark blue, red and white of my GSXR (the old one) and would rather have the blue and white scheme but I couldn't find one. I like the bike - the colour's the last thing I care about.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
WHAT HE SAID, WHAT HE SAID, WHAT HE SAID, WHAT HE SAID, WHAT HE SAID, WHAT HE SAID, WHAT HE SAID, WHAT HE SAID, WHAT HE SAID, WHAT HE SAID, WHAT HE SAID, WHAT HE SAID, WHAT HE SAID, WHAT HE SAID, WHAT HE SAID, WHAT HE SAID, WHAT HE SAID, WHAT HE SAID, WHAT HE SAID, WHAT HE SAID, WHAT HE SAID, WHAT HE SAID, WHAT HE SAID, WHAT HE SAID, WHAT HE SAID, WHAT HE SAID, WHAT HE SAID, WHAT HE SAID, WHAT HE SAID, WHAT HE SAID, WHAT HE SAID, WHAT HE SAID, WHAT HE SAID, WHAT HE SAID, WHAT HE SAID, WHAT HE SAID, WHAT HE SAID, WHAT HE SAID, WHAT HE SAID, WHAT HE SAID, WHAT HE SAID, WHAT HE SAID, WHAT HE SAID, WHAT HE SAID, WHAT HE SAID, WHAT HE SAID, WHAT HE SAID, WHAT HE SAID, WHAT HE SAID, WHAT HE SAID, WHAT HE SAID,

·
Registered
5 Posts
I believe that motorcycles colors should go back to the late 80's. Remember the Katana, aqua color with pink sticker splash grapics? A delight to the eye. Or the GSXR that looked like a tagger hit hit? Don't get me started on the metallic browns and greens of the 70's.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I see the trend here is all about solids and the flames, but I really like zany graphics on Jap sportbikes. I've been riding over 20 years and don't feel too much like a squid, but I have never enjoyed the Plain Red or Yellow of the Ducatis. I loved the early 90s colors on GSXRs, and currently own a 2001 R1 in Red. IMHO, no more boring "ME TOO" blue and Honda beat them to the punch on the silver w/ the CBRF4i. I pay a ton for the bikes, so let's get some colors. The least we can do is make them pay for stickers, too!

I just like more graphics better, but hated the Champion graphics.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts