Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a standup guy. No excuses. No carping. Most professional athletes could use a lesson from young Nicky who has one of the highest performance to whining ratios of any athlete in the world. It's a little early but if things keep going as they are he's right up there with Gretzky, Mays, Ripken, Jordan, and Walter Peyton in my book as guys who just strap it on and get the job done. Right on!

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Right on!. The sport of motorcycle riding is blessed with some good people and sportsmen, the Haydens, the Bostroms, Edwards, the list goes on. I agree Hayden has the potential to transcend the sport. Like your web site. Being an engineer I love physics but don't get use much of it anymore as a manager type. Keep up the good work teaching the future scientist and engineers God knows this country could use more of us and less lawyers :)

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Phew, thanks dude. At first I thought that you were gonna jump me because I liked the Buell Firebolt :)

Motorcycles are actually the science/math/engineering antidote for me. Don't get me wrong - I like what I do, but conversing with most of the people I work with is about as interesting as watching a pond dry out. I'd go nuts if that's all there was. At least the kids in my classes rock and that makes it worthwhile.

I have a recurring Satre like nightmare where I wake up after death locked for eternity in a room full of mathmaticians.

That's why I dig the passionate, illogical, ornery, excited denizens of this website. At least they aren't boring.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Re: Eric Bostrom

Might depend on whether the Kawi entry is competitive in those classes. I'd hate to see Eric's career (and confidence) put on hold for a few years of 7th place finishes until Kawi can develop such a mount. Hopefully the recent changes in WSB rules will help the green machines. Not sure if they have the $$$ to compete with Honda in GP.

Kudos to E. Bos. on the win. I like Nicky, but if anybody beats him, I hope it's Eric. He's been riding so hard an so well, he deserves an award no matter where he finishes in the points at the end of the year.

·
Registered
31 Posts

I've read that Herald Eckl (?), the guy running the WSB team, will be running Kawi's GP program next year and that there will not be a WSB team.

I would think that Eric has a shot at a GP ride next season; they must be grooming him for something.

Is Kawi developing a litre-class race-rep that could be used in WSB? I don't think that the current ZX-9 platform would cut it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was alittle disapointed at the lack of teams in the race. It seemed like the amount of house hold named riders have deminished to a small group. Is AMA suffering that much that all of these teams are jumping ship. Last year there were 2 Ducati teams, 1 Kawasaki, 1 Yamaha,1 Harley and 2 Suzuki, and by teams I mean more than 1 rider now it seems like about 7 or 8 guys and a bunch of small independant teams. What gives????

Larry

·
Registered
246 Posts
Despite the fact that he was helped by others problems in this race, it's clear that EBos brought some extra speed back from his visits to WSB. Dunno if it's bike setup or technique, but he's going much faster and still preserving his tires.

And how about Pascal? Granted, he's not beating the Japanese bikes, but he's been pretty consistently ahead of Chandler ever since Bleu Bayou got up-to-date bikes. HMC might be thinking they made a mistake in dumping him.

·
Registered
173 Posts
The Haydens, Bostroms, Edwards, KPaulCook and Sportbikepilot - all belong on the same list. With appropriate kudos to the MO staff, it's the latter two blokes and other folks like 'em that keep me glued. As a naval aviator/engineer I agree on the desirable ratio of scientists to lawyers.

Back to bikes - I really think EBoz is on the same level as Nicky, and hope to see both of them in WSB or MotoGP next year.

Lastly, does it seem AMA is regressing to "club racing" with the exception of a few teams? Where is the next Ferracci, Muzzy, et al? Only Honda seems to take AMA Superbikes seriously. Perhaps the factories know their market - AMA supersport racing seems to be the focal point for factories and spectators alike.

Cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts

I got an e-mail from Eric's manager that I should keep an eye out for him on a MotoGP bike next year...

WSB is really slowly getting choked out by MotoGP, they are all starting to look the same...

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Yep I think your are right on about the AMA superbike thing. Supersport is interesting because it is so competive. Perhaps if the AMA adopts the rules that WSB will use next year things can get more competive. I have to admit I flamed out a couple weeks ago about how boring WSB had become with Ducati dominating. Edwards did win a race since then and Baylis had a great performance after falling down twice. But the inline 4s have been a disappointment this year. In AMA Mladin is still hurting I think and Yates looks OK but seems to be better in Supersport. Eric B. does amazing stuff on the old Kawasaki. Maybe its time to give the inlines a boost in CC. What da think?

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
You are right about EBos seems like a man on mission. Pascal was impressive also. HMC screwed up. All that time Pascal spent on H-Ds kid of hurt his image I think. However, now folks are seeing what he can do on a real bike.

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
As Ducbutt above states and I agree. The emphasis is all on supersports cause that where money/market is. I am thinking if they change the rules to allow liter inline 4s (like WSB next year) the competition from factory teams would expand. Althought there is Formula Extreme, it is not the same as super bike in the terms of teams, bike upgrade/modifications etc . Liter superbikes would energize interest cause it seems the sport bike market is now 600s and 1000s with 750s unfornuately fading fast.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.