Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Re: Ducatis at Pike's Peak -- Eboz wins, Chandler third.

Eric is a great talent, I hope the Duc continues to improve.

Another thought.... does anyone know what Anthony Gobert is doing for the rest of this year? I notice his brother made the podium in super sport.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Re: News flash Mladin had a bad tire

First off, Kpaul, I'm gonna have to give it to you on the street-going desmosedici. I'm sure a few others saw it coming, but, if it becomes more than a one-off limited run and takes over for the 999's in AMA SBK (and WSBK), you'll at least get a 'you were right,' to, I'm sure, your infinite satisfaction.

Second of all, did ALL of the rest of the guys on CBR-1000RR's and GSX-R1000s have bad tires, too? Yes, I believe Mladin will probably win his 93rd championship, or whatever it is (yawn), but Eboz is proving he can be competitive on a v-twin for a little while yet. Unless it's just a man-and-not-machine-thing. Then eboz should go GP, and he and Rossi can start a new Proton team.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
DANG

wanted to buy everybody a drink too, but I seem to have mislaid my wallet...

good on Chandler, I say, zero teething problems is commendable but i guess expectable when it's chandler/medley combo. Man I would love to see them beat the Hondas...

And 9th for Buell not so bad either considering that agricultural implement. Tough for Barney to stay aero with the straw hat and not lose the piece o straw out of his mouth, tough to shift bare-footed...

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
info re FX from our man at Buell:

Doug rode well, not too rusty. He's got a sweet ride. That's a World Supersport-spec 749 with major engine work. Plus works forks and a bunch of other nice bits from Ducati Corse.

The Hal's and Kosco dealer teams, on the other hand, have a mighty slim budget. They are using stock wheels front and rear, stock forks (with modified internals), etc. I think they're doing a great job with what they have. Everyone involved with the project is learning a lot, and the teams are hoping to get some more hp later this season. We'll see...

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Re: info re FX from our man at Buell:

I imagine the AMA will allow air-cooled pushrod equipped motorcycles to retrofit turbochargers for the next round at Elkhart Lake. If so, look out Top 7!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Because he hangs-off farther (so does Ben Spies) this allows the bike to actually remain slightly more upright for improved traction/tire wear.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was there and lets just say this season has me sitting on the edge of my seat and forgetting all about the cold beer in my hand till the checkered flag. We are getting unusual battles taking place between riders that I never thought would be within seconds of each other. The Bostrom and Hayden boys have all the charisma and character and I never tire of cheering them on. I can't help thinking that the only reason Duhamel is scoring so well is that Nicky is no longer around. And....Jordon's rider....why is he dumping his bike every race? You should see the top dollar rig and bikes they have in the pits - there are privateers who deserve such set-ups more than his rider. At Infineon

Jordon actually showed up after the race to "review" the events of the day(amazing how the interest shifts from the riders to Jordon once he stepped out of his SUV along with body guard/chauffer).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.