Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmmm.....no one going to post here? Let me just use this space to say that Japanese bikes are the best in the world. Of course a Japanese bike won. That's no suprise. The Europeans cannot make a bike to compete with the Japanese manufacturers in price AND performance. Take the RC51 and GSXR750 for examples. Aprilia is making a good attempt at GP and SBK, but Ducati is just a name. Big deal if Ducati ever wins anything again, their bikes cost over $4k more than the best Japan has to offer(RC51)

And, I could afford to buy a 996 if I wanted to, but I would rather buy an RC51 and put the extra $ into making it even better than that overrated piece of crap.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Ok, you asked for it!!! Jap bikes the best??? Well, just because they're cheaper, faster, better handling and more reliable doesn't mean... er, well. I guess they are pretty good.

I do, however have to disagree with you on one point... style. The Japs haven't the foggiest sense of style. Whether you like 'em or not, the BMW R1150GS & LC, Any Duc (well, any Italian bike for that matter), and the Triumph Speed Triple are perfect examples of style. Let's see what the Japs have been up to... Hyabusa (awesome but ugly... and.. PINK!!!), zx12 (?), R1.. nice but looks like the first 916 -not quite original and on that point... how bout the kwak W650... pretty bonniville like to me!

Yeah the big four make the best... just need some stylists!

Oh yeah. re motocross - wonder if Pirelli will help me go faster on my 1983 XL500 ;-)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Style is all in the eye of the beholder, well beauty is, but close enough. Yeah, the 916 body is super stylish, but the R6 and RC51 are too, if you dont think so, then that's a shame I guess. Yeah, the Hayabusa and 12R are ugly, but they also were designed to go over 180 mph, which no one other than the japanese have done with a production bike.

I'll give it to you on the Italian bikes, but BMW and Triumphs? They all look like .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.