Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
I agree. Rapp and Attard did a fine job. The game was played and the best riders & teams (of that day) won. Attack has a great team and I wish them a great season.

Personally, I wish that Barney would have taken the trophy. The Emgo guys have been on their game and May and Barney are riding better than ever. I have a friend that works for the team and he gives me the low down on the track info as he get it himself. Emgo has made great strides and with a little luck and a lot of work maybe May can bring home a Superstock title this year. I fully expect Barney to contend for an FX title if they run the full slate for the season.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
So how come the Hondas all ran out of gas? I find it hard to believe they had simultaneous fuel-pump problems.

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
It's because they use those crappy Harley engines.

No one is going to take them serious until they start winning races. This will hurt their sales as it is a known fact that people only buy bikes that win races as it shows that the bike buyer is a tip top rider.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Is it just me or was this race a bit of a yawner? It was a lot more fun last year if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
Coverage

I'm going to have to bytch and moan a bit about Speed's coverage.

Do we really need to hear Freddie talk about rider technique for 200 miles? I respect his knowledge but good heavens give it a rest.

There were so many sidebar-type stories that could have been covered in a race of this duration.

1) There were two Triumph 675s in the race. Was this every mentioned or were the bikes ever shown?

2) Two Buells finished the race. Was their any mention of them or any video?

3) How about some coverage on pit stops? This is the only race of the season requiring pit stops. How much practice does the crew put in to get it right?

Despite what one might think about NASCAR, the race coverage is excellent and includes several angles rather than just the "he's picking up the throttle smoothly mid corner" stuff.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Re: Where the hell was Eric Buell?

it broke before the half way mark.

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
Re: Coverage

"If you notice (insert racer name here) did not fall off the bike during any of the turns. That's going to help him when it comes to finishing the race."

I'm getting geared up for 6 months of nonstop stupid commentary and analysis. Ladies and Gentleman, I give you Major League Baseball.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts

Seems that the "front-runners" made all the news, huh? There were some great privateer battles but not a word about them. If Fox/Speed were serious about motorcycle racing they'd run AMA races live. The VS Network (Outdoor was the old name) should lobby for the AMA contract. Bet they'd do justice to it. Although, they do run the SM schedule after the season has started, I believe that if the interest followed from Speed VS may just be the ticket to step up coverage of motorcycle racing in the US.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts

Well let's face it, the sportbike crowd is pathetic when it comes to supporting racing. The attendance is low and I'll bet the ratings are even lower.

I wouldn't expect Speed to lose any more money covering motorcycle racing than they already do.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

well after FOX broadcasts USGP live this year it will probly catch on bigtime, then we won't be able to go ever again bec. track will be packed with fat sunburnt Caucasians atop Winnebagos and Bounders groaning under weight of cases of Busch Light.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts

Yeah but the plus side is that we'll get to hear Big and Rich sing the National Anthem and Sammy Hagar wail "I can't drive 55" for the millionth time.

The glass is half-full jb!

·
Registered
312 Posts
FX

It's definitely a cool deal. But I admit I was one of the people saying fx is going to be dominated by the factories who can throw unlimited funds at the fx bikes. I guess I'm glad to be wrong.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
I dunno, watching the three Hondas run dry was a seriously "WTF!" moment.

·
Registered
138 Posts

1) Yes, I saw a gold 675 a few times (but that's it).

2) Yes, one of the Buell's was mention right after it crashed (or perhaps just "left the track").

3) There was some talk about crews running pit stop practices during Supercross the evening before.

·
Registered
872 Posts
That is true, but it's ironic that the high points were when three bikes ran out of gas, and _stunner_ the winner didn't.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.