Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you want the neighbors to say "Wow, I can see myself in your pistons!"

Do you want your pistons to look and feel twenty five years younger?

Do you want to remove unsightfull messy carbon deposits and mung from ring grooves and piston heads?

Then try Piston Kleen, used by our troops overseas to keep the pistons in their Hummveezes kleen and ready for action.

Piston Kleen carbon remover - Orison Gov't/Military

I've tried Piston Kleen and wow, it sure beats scraping and wire-brushing pistons toasted with carbon deposits, bugs, spent bean oil and Super Shell.

All you have to do is emmerse a filthy piston in a container of Piston Kleen, put it in direct sunlight to get the temp up around 85 degrees F. And in a couple of hours out comes a nice clean piston ready for action.

So try some today! You won't be sorry! Dishwasher safe!

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Cool. I'm going to remove all the pistons from my bikes today and give them all a good spanking..... er I mean cleaning.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
I wonder whats in it? the MSDS label shows it's about as toxic as a mud puddle.....Vinegar and Orange peels perhaps?

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
I wonder whats in it? the MSDS label shows it's about as toxic as a mud puddle.....Vinegar and Orange peels perhaps?
It's a "mild acid solution" - suitable for soaking carb's............

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Just curious because the ZEP Orange degreaser works pretty good and it's supposed to be enviro-friendly and all that, I haven't tried soaking my pistons in it though....I just pour laundry soap down the sparkplug holes once a month for that spring fresh exhaust scent

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can also drink a big glass full if you've got indegestion...kinda like liquid TUMS.

·
Registered
274 Posts
How come I gotta disassemble the engine to use this stuff? Why can't I just remove the plugs and pour it in?

For agitation I can crank the engine a few thousand times.

VOILA. Or, for you symphony lovers, VIOLA!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.