Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I personally like the little buggers but they are raising hell in metro DC. They've even been used in drive by shootings. If you think the old west was wild you should visit the new east. There is an emergency bill pending in the DC council to put an immediate ban on pocket/mini bikes and I'm betting it goes through quickly.

·
Registered
458 Posts
How shal I ticket thee, let me count the ways...

Moving violations:

M2 (Motor-driven cycle) vehicle with no registration

M2 vehicle with no valid liscence

M2 vehicle with no insurance

M2 vehicle without proper helmet

Fix-it tickets...

M2 vehicle without proper turnsignals

M2 vehicle without proper headlights

The cops here in Richmond have started getting appropriately anal. The things are driven by morons around here (often on the sidewalk/bike-trails in Berkeley, as well as in traffic lanes).

I hope any "compromise" still keeps them classed as M2 vehicles.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I dont see the issue. Its the same as MX bikes.......they are sold as offroad bikes,not for the street.They belong on the gocart track or a parking lot race course,not the street.If Im caught with my MX bike on the street im busted...case closed. If anyone ever makes a "pocket bike"that meets all DMV regulations(equivalent of a dual purpose dirt bike),then its a different story.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Chinese Precision European Bike Clones...I Wee'd Me Pants

"...on Chinese clones of precision European bikes." Hell, that's an oxyMOron! I am starting to see these "things" being pandering street-side in residential areas like imitation pocket watches; even some of the sellers look like they belong in Tijuana. Sure they look like fun, until the reality sets in that the bloody things are a menace and like ****roaches need to be stepped upon and eradicated. It's bad enough that I stand in line at the grocery store with people who can't even figure out what store they're in and then proceed to get into a vehicle and drive on the road and now these things in the hands of a youth gone mad. In response, America needs to send some form of vehicular pestilence back to China in an act of fairtrade.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With the WWII monument dedication this weekend and the newly focused security alert in this area, things should be rather buttoned down for your visit. The tourist season is one of the reasons for the crack down on pocket bikes. Enjoy your trip and don't get your ankles run in to.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Chinese Precision European Bike Clones...I Wee'd Me Pants

It makes sense that a POS would by a POS and if you live in a country that encourages trade with a POS country you end up with a bad smelling situation.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I guess I see the problem the exact same way. They just aren't street legal. End of story. Hell, if I was going to be illegal, I'd rather be on a screaming 2 stroke 250 than one of these little things. Hell, I could climb over cars to make my gettaway!

-Andy

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Re: Chinese Precision European Bike Clones...I Wee'd Me Pants

Maybe we should make the Chinese take a Pontiac Aztek and an MV Brutale for every container they ship over here

All they do is ugly up the roads, the MV's can't even go 45 miles without stopping

·
Registered
409 Posts
My neighbor just bought one and one of my best buds has one. They both of working lights, signals and mirrors, and little 49cc lawnmower engines. I don't see any problem with them so long as they're restricted to residential sidestreets and that helmets must be worn. My bud is fool, because regardless of my warnings to wear a helmet, he rather would not. On top of that, he tries to do stunts like the superman and whatever else they're called. I hope he lives to see his next birthday. I change my mind, they need to be better regulated. Although they have small engines, they're far more dangerous than similarly displaced scooters.

·
Registered
771 Posts
6'-4" TALL

I'd love to try one of these things out (in a parking lot or go cart track), but don't know if I could even fit on it. Hell they look like a blast to ride.

Anyone that rides one on the street (cause no motorized vehical belongs on a sidewalk) is just a darwinian experiment

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: Unregulated little missiles pro or con?

...or poops in their pants...

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Ha ha! You ARE a silverspooned robber baron!

Say hello to Dubya for me. Tell him his plan to ensure his re-election by having KPaul stump for Kerry is working brilliantly.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
I will be meeting with legislators and not the executive branch. Maybe I'll scare the crap out of McCain and tell him his biggest fan is in Seattle.

I interviewed McCain back in my reporter days. He was actually a pretty decent guy compared to some of the others like slimy DeConcini and wacky Evan Mecham.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.