Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like this forum, really I do.

I don't like the "politics and religion" sub-forum so I mostly ignore it.

NOW, however, in the past week, there have been two threads started in the "general" sub-forums that are obviously political in nature......and biased to boot.

I have left complaints about these posts and got no reply.....and noticed no action taking place.

IF a few individuals are allowed to "soapbox" in whatever sub-forum they please with no restrictions, it will ruin the forum for me and I will have to think seriously about leaving.

I don't want to do that.

A reply and clarification of policy from the owners/moderators would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
Why don't you just ignore the whole board.

You're a whining baby.
That characterization sounds unfair. I haven't been following all of this, so I don't know all that has gone on, but what's the problem with having political rants only in the politics section?

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
That characterization sounds unfair. I haven't been following all of this, so I don't know all that has gone on, but what's the problem with having political rants only in the politics section?
Nothing wrong with it at all. Occasionally there is some "spill over."

I didn't realize we were all so delicate.

There are lots of longtime MoFos that I don't always agree with. We're still bros at the end of the day.

Johnny come lately here is a micro-nazi who complains to the mods every time things don't go his way or her way or whatever.

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
Well, let's try to do something congress is unable to: compromise. Let's keep the political rants in the non-political sections less ranty. And when something starts getting too politically heated, then create a thread in the political section and continue it there. Fair enough?

·
Super Moderator
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Johnny come lately here is a micro-nazi who complains to the mods every time things don't go his way or her way or whatever.
Or whatever......right.

I love you too, BRO !!! :rolleyes:

You see ***THIS*** is why I don't like having a political section.
A few vocal individuals have a good time there slapping each other on the back and whenever an opposing view is introduced, they run the "johnny come lately" off with insults and inane attacks.

AND THEN it adversely affects the demeanor in the rest of the forums.

Bad stuff. whine whine, whine.........:p

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
I agree with ER2 and Kenin_Duke: keep the religion and politics in the Religion and Politics forum. That gives everyone a place to say what they want to, and gives those who don't want to hear it a way to avoid it.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
We do try to keep the stuff limited to that forum. But sometimes someone makes a joke or an entendre' in another forum. In the past it hasn't been a problem. But ER2 has been constantly complaining and nitpicking things and frankly I've stopped paying much attention.

·
Super Moderator
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Er, I have been. I didn't do anything to ER2 when he started calling everyone who disagrees with him "stupid".
Well you see........I thought what happens in "politics" was supposed to stay there. So much for THAT theory. :rolleyes:

And just for the record, it didn't go down that way at all.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Well you see........I thought what happens in "politics" was supposed to stay there. So much for THAT theory. :rolleyes:

And just for the record, it didn't go down that way at all.
Uh, yeah it did. I've read your post and you're actually the most insulting person on the threads that I've read. You can throw it out there but when it comes back at you, you whine like a little girl. Get a grip.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
I was out riding my GS and shooting pistolas all weekend so I didn't do my usual excellent job of policing the forums....Mea Culpa

In future I will make sure nothing of any political, controversial or in any way inflammatory gets posted in any other thread than the political one and I would request that the rest of you America hating communist ass holes stop indulging in terrorist right wing extremist activities for a second and do the same.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
I was out riding my GS and shooting pistolas all weekend so I didn't do my usual excellent job of policing the forums....Mea Culpa

In future I will make sure nothing of any political, controversial or in any way inflammatory gets posted in any other thread than the political one and I would request that the rest of you America hating communist ass holes stop indulging in terrorist right wing extremist activities for a second and do the same.
SWMBO and I went to the cabin all weekend and when I came back ER2 was in his usual "suppress all I dislike" mode and the site was overrun with this idiot new spammer who keeps changing his phony Caucasian name. The clown can't even get his html code to work. The "Z"s and "X"s in their email addresses always give away their Chinese origins, not to mention their IPs. I mean, who do these dunderheads think they are fooling?

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
this idiot new spammer who keeps changing his phony Caucasian name... I mean, who do these dunderheads think they are fooling?
Why would you try to stop insights like this from being published?

"Analyze your puppy prior to cure to build an idea of the particular shape. Inside doing so, it's possible to place problems inside the figure of this hamster that include hollows, piles, and bloating. This will help to people to determine if there can be prospective threats within the living together with sickness within your doggie."

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Why would you try to stop insights like this from being published?

"Analyze your puppy prior to cure to build an idea of the particular shape. Inside doing so, it's possible to place problems inside the figure of this hamster that include hollows, piles, and bloating. This will help to people to determine if there can be prospective threats within the living together with sickness within your doggie."
As you can see I left that particular one alone after I banned him. Engrish can be fun.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
SWMBO and I went to the cabin all weekend and when I came back ER2 was in his usual "suppress all I dislike" mode and the site was overrun with this idiot new spammer who keeps changing his phony Caucasian name. The clown can't even get his html code to work. The "Z"s and "X"s in their email addresses always give away their Chinese origins, not to mention their IPs. I mean, who do these dunderheads think they are fooling?
my GF and I are heading over to Lake Chelan at the end of the month for our annual migration, I can't wait. I foolishly failed to sell my 4 br house and move into a single wide trailer after my last daughter moved out. Now all three of them are back along with grandkids and soon to be more grandkids, dogs and a cat. I'm really looking forward to a week of peace and quiet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.