Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Well, it sucks for Honda, who didn't want them to take Max Biaggi, who had Camel backing, who was Pon's major sponsor.

Good for Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Ducati, who will have two less Hondas to worry about next season.

I bet Max is, by now, rethinking his decision to bash Honda as a bad one.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I'm sorry to hear this. Hopefully they will be able to pull an effort together for the 07 season?

On the other hand, I love to see the Ducati's win. (I don't care who's riding them) With luck, hopefully, fingers crossed and all that, this will help Duc win some more races this year?

No I haven't forgotten about Haden, Rossi, and the many others, but I can dream can't I?

·
Registered
152 Posts
If I remember correctly, Yamaha has lost Gauloises as well.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
it's a shame the dems aren't as rabid as the republicans, the heads would already be rolling. A' course none of these alleged offenses rise to the seriousness of a blow job.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
The Dems are quiet on this because dirty money finds it's way into both parties. Lobbyists always play both sides of the fence.

Patrick Kennedy is into Abramhoff for $140,000. That's about the same as Delay.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Maybe one day the Repubs can be as honest as the Kennedy clan. You know, Camelot and all that, or was that Chappaqui****? I forget. Or maybe this guy can blow his brains out before they get the goods on everyone like the head Whitewater scammer did for Clinton. Remember Vince Foster anyone, and who really blew his brains out? Or maybe we cam hail the honesty and integrity that King Richard Daley brings to politics, and is rubbing off on the other side. Bribes?? Yuk Yuk. He ain't got a thing on Daley. Not even a contest.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Well, that's how it is these days. If you can't get the money, you can't afford to go racing. Which means, I suppose, that racing will have to go where the money is, and that means following the market... so I look forward to the inaugural GP for Cruisers, held somewhere in the MidWest.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Funny how no one mentions Laura Bush getting drunk, running a stop sign and killing her best friend. Guess you have to be a drunk kennedy to have it stick. Not that that excuses that level of cowardice, kind of like draft dodgers questioning the patriotism of a combat vet.......

Funny how Clinton getting some mug off a secretary is worse than Bush and Condi's little "relationship", what about that ginch he wanted for the Supreme Court?......

I'd take ol' Monica over any of them myself.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Sito did the right thing. Why would he race a 990 bike this year and have to develop a 800 bike for next. Cost are out of control and the support teams do their best to develop machines with only limited HRC support. Next year Sito will find a young 250 rider and a vet rider and racing will resume. He still has his hands full being Pres of the racing assoc. He's got to work out a new DORNA contract this year from the press that I've read. Hanging back for one season (and waiting for Vale to retire) is the best thing he could do.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Dude, if Monica is the best ole Slick Willie can do, I guess the Presidency has fallen on hard times. At least JFK was doing Monroe. With that perspective in mind I guess I would have lied about doing Monica too.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
I knew about Laura Bush getting in a fatal accident when she was 17, but from all accounts, she was not drunk nor was she drinking, and the accident was reported immediately to the police. So you actually DO need to be a drunk Kennedy, and one that didn't report any accident until the next day when he had his lawyers already lined up.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
I heard she was but I really don't follow that kind of stuff to closely.

Ol' Teddy had to have time to sober up before he reported the accident, that's why he waited. It's too bad out of the three of them, the two that were worth a ***** get killed and the weakest survived.

·
Registered
514 Posts
or maybe not... Max looks to have a good World Superbike ride and MotoGP is looking pretty shaky with what, maybe only 12-14 bikes on the starting grid for next year? And who knows how many will decide not to make the huge investment to move to 800 cc the year after.

It wasn't that long ago that World Superbike was THE premier racing class & next season WS looks to be a barn burner.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Somebody has the numbers all wrong, Sito Pons has not been running a racing team for 25 years, it was not that long ago that he was racing and not managing, my two cents.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.