Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's keep things in perspective and focus on getting our country back and strong. With all that has happened, a couple of "events" that don't happen just doesn't seem to be all that important. However, when I ride I will always feel good about living in this great country of ours.

God bless, and God speed!!!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
We all grieve for those who have been lost and their families. However, we cannot let the country come to a halt. If so, we let the bastards win. While the athletes, the promoters and other performers will compete in sadness and with a heavy heart, we need to show that the actions of cowardly jackals will not bring the country to its knees.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I think that law courts and governmental institutions and such should continue to function, to show that America hasn't been brought to its knees. But I can't imagine watching an NFL football game or Superbike race right now, not to mention participating in one. Let simple recreation wait for a bit.

My thoughts and prayers with the dead and their families.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I think the current transportation embargo has a lot to do with the cancellation of these events as well. If both participants and spectators can't get flights to event sites, what's the point of holding the event, whether or not you consider it appropriate to do so?

·
Registered
105 Posts
There is a time for everything, and right now is a time for mourning. The country can't come to a halt, but I think it's appropriate that certain things be postponed. Soon, we will be rebuilding and punishing, and eventually, I believe, this country will be stronger than it ever was. We will get through this. But now we should all pray for those involved.

·
Registered
3 Posts
How encouraging it is to see such overwhelming support and constructive commentary from people all over the world (in spite of the cruel and sorely misguided actions of the {ir}responsible individuals).

As so many have already expressed: sincere and heartfelt sympathy to those who have lost loved ones.

·
Registered
193 Posts
YES remember all this was made possible by...

a government that treats women like subhuman slaves and tells men how often they must pray and to whom, how they must wear their hair and their beard, what kind of music they can listen to etc etc etc. People there are imprisoned or even put to death for doing things we consider cherished freedoms like worshiping God in our own way or reading or writing any book we like or getting on our bikes and going wherever we like at any time we like. It's time we stopped to appreciate those freedoms, AND face the fact that once in awhile it becomes obvious we must export freedom to others by *overwhelming and unlimited use of all our resources* in order to ensure that we keep it ourselves. When we've tried to do anything less, we've failed miserably and spilled much of our own blood for naught. Let's remember that!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Thanks, minime. This is the first I'd heard of the cancelation of the races and I am disapointed. I was hoping they would go ahead and run. I need the diversion. I just heard the NFL has canceled this weekends games also. They did this in the face of a very vocal request to play.

We need something to focus on other than the fact that we have thousands dead from an act of war that will most certainly result in war in afganistan. We are a nation demanding vengance and if it doesn't come soon we'll start turning on ourselves as a release. Sports would provide a pressure valve while we wait for the investigation to conclude and the attack to begin.

I had family in lower Manhatten who, thankfully, were able to get out safely after living through the very tragic events of 9/11/01.

TatdNPrcd

http://www.net-model.com/Portfolios/DisplayPortfolio.asp?UserID=1062

·
Registered
9 Posts
Re: YES remember all this was made possible by...

The fact that you do not understand or accept their way of life is in no way a reason for us to "export" our idea of what life should be.

We should attempt to punish the few people from that area of the world, and let the rest live as they wish.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I agree with you that a diversion would be good at this point. Many people have been following this (and some living it) for 48+ hours now. However, I can completely understand the decision to cancel many of these events. In addition to the obvious reason that people are not really in the mood (the performers, athletes, fants, etc.) there is the whole logistics issue.

I will certainly get out and ride this weekend, and enjoy the freedoms that this wonderful country (USA) affords me. It will be an opportunity to block out all the horror, if only for part of a day.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I went from despising and voting against our President to praying God grants him the wisdom to do a good job.

The cushy day job he swangled his way into, just turned into the hardest job anyone ever had.

Nuke? Invade? What a terrible choice to have to make! He has to do something and only he decides what. All the choices I can see look disastrous.

God please help this man.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Re: Support for the President

I agree. While I did not vote for President Bush and do not generally support his domestic policies, I join millions of Americans who offer our full support, and if necessary, our blood, to OUR President to avenge this heinous act. May he be blessed with wisdom and wise counsel. May he have the strength to steer our ship of state through this dark time. It is quite heartening to see political differences disappear when the sh*t hits the fan.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Nuke? Invade? AGAINST WHOM?

It MUST be remembered that we do not even know who caused this, and to talk of war when we don't even know who to attack could lead to disaster. It could have been Osama bin Laden, it could have been H.A.M.A.S., it could have been Saddam Hussein, and God forbid, it could have been domestic terrorism (people blamed the Oklahoma city bombing on bin Laden until McVeigh and Nichols were found). Until we know who is responsible, we must worry about _rebuilding_ instead of _retribution_.

The worst possible thing we could do is carpet-bomb innocent people as retribution.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Re: Willow rund will not be rescheduled

The AMA announced today that this round is completely cancelled, and will not be rescheduled. That leaves just the final race at VIR at the end of September (29-30 I think).

·
Registered
415 Posts
Re: Nuke? Invade? AGAINST WHOM?

You need to read the pay attention to the current news before you post.

http://msnbc.com/news/627028_asp.htm

Sept. 13 - "...FOR THE first time, the Bush administration publicly singled out the person who is the focus of its investigation into the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon: Osama bin Laden, the Afghanistan-based extremist implicated in past strikes against America.

"When you look at the list of candidates, one resides in the region," Secretary of State Colin Powell told a news conference.

Asked whether he was referring to bin Laden, Powell replied: "Yes."

·
Registered
415 Posts
Until you mentioned logistics I hadn't even thought of that. Tells you how screwed up my brain is right now :)

You're absolutly right about the weekend ride. We'll be out and about both days. Rain or shine. I also have a 4,000 mile trip scheduled for the last week of September from Oklahoma-Montana-Arizona and back home again. Gotta get my head cleared and that should just about do it.

TatdNPrcd

ironbutt.com

ridetowork.org

·
Registered
78 Posts
Re: Nuke? Invade? AGAINST WHOM?

Amen to that. Innocents have my sympathy too, every time. It seems like there is military activity being planned; consider their available options. The nation cries out for strong action. A good possibility would seem to be to send troops to Afghanistan to physically search for Osama. That sounds like the start of a war for our children's children to finish, like the British and the Russians who futilely attacked Afghanistan at the height of their military prowess and got their butts seriously kicked for their trouble. The bad guys would survive something like a neutron bomb because they live furtive lives, but the innocents would not. That's why I'm praying for Bush. He has to do something, yet almost everything he could do won't work and could seriously backfire. Hard job! Not just pomp, , and great food.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.