Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
I would like to thank MO for posting this for me. Especially after I read them the riot act for being so slow about it. Thanks Guys!

Also, I would like to thank all of the local fire fighters for their quick response and help. On a side note. Lou is a volunteer fire fighter, also he teaches new firefighter and police rescue techniques for extracting people who have been trapped in vehicles after an accident. It's ironic that the same folks he trained ended up saving his life.

Thanks again to all for your thoughts and prayers. I'll pass them on to his family and friends.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Unfortunately he is usally only wearing a half helmet, flight type leather jacket, jeans and I know in this case sneakers.

Yes, Lou is an old school HD guy. But in this case I don't think even race leathers would have helped. The car actually went over him.

I'm with you on the protective gear thing. I always wear it. But by the same token, I'm a rather aggressive rider. Lou Isn't. He's a speed limit kind'a guy. It bothers me that if he had been riding like I normally do the girl more than likely wouldn't have caught up to him?

I guess this just proves, being safety minded doesn't always help. I accept that, and I'll bet Lou would agree.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Update: I just got word that Lou has been brought out of the medically induced coma that he was put into. I'm not sure what voodoo the doc's used to determine it was time. but it's done. His eyes are open but he's not talking yet. Too many meds. (He wasn't scheduled to come out for 7 more days!)

No word yet on his back injury.

I'll post more when I know more.

Hopefully we will here from some of his other friends here. I have passed the word on about this forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.