Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
What gets me is that a guy that never posts, never asked for help, never said 'Boo', now suddenly announces his departure, and he what does he expect? Nobody really gives a shyt is what he should expect. Maybe they can redesign the site so he will stay? I know I would. He's obviously so valuable that we need to do whatever it takes to keep this guy. Maybe we could pay him to stay? Should we beg him to stay? Sheesh.
I used to post here now and then, but now I can barely find my way around the articles. I expect I'm not the only one who used to like motorcycle.com and now find the new site disappointing. Obviously I don't think anyone will care about this one person's opinion, but I think I represent more than myself. There are quality reviews here, and a big fanbase, it's just too bad when it's ruined by a ponderous and disfunctional interface.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well, how about asking the mods for help? How about learing the tools that are available for navigation? How about opening up your mind to a new interface, and a new way of doing things? To post that it's just crap and that you quit isn't helping you, or anyone else. I'll help anyone learn to navigate here, and once you learn, it's pretty cool. You have a sig, can post pics, and edit your posts as a Premium Member. All things we certainly couldn't do on the old MO. I bet if you jump in with both feet, I think you could tolerate the new format. Hell, you might even (gasp) like it!
It's not that I don't understand how to navigate in a forum, I have participated in many forums, including focaljet.com, and I'm a mod on one forum where I made over 15,000 posts (SciForums.com - Science Forums)! When I click on a link and get "404 not found", it doesn't seem like an issue a mod can help with. I do appreciate trying to pack the site with more features, but sometimes simpler is better. It's not easy, it's not intuitive, things don't work at all, the photos are awkward to get to and their size is smaller. It's just baffling overall, and I use computers for a living. If the owners want motorcycle.com to make money, perhaps they should consider hiring a high school kid to create a better website. I hope they didn't pay too much money for this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.