Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hmmm. Last time I checked there were two countries with teams in MLB. No, not the whole world but then again not all American either. Sort of like the 500/250/125 GP World Championship that doesn't venture into North America. Sure anyone can compete, so maybe it doesn't matter where the teams are based or games are played/races held. Just like everything else, American baseball has people from all over the world competing on it's teams.

Anyway it's just a name that is a relic of days gone by. It is part of our country's history and the smart money says that it won't change names.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Ha!... excellent! .. .also missing the Tokyo Giants, right!

As for riding tonight, don't know 'bout that one... so many little kids running through the streets... all wearing dark costumes and so on.

( nanny mode )

Hope everyone takes a second and third look before busting off a wheelie down their street, not that I advocate doing that... squids will be squids though (and they'll probably ignore this message).

( / nanny mode )

s.s.u. / r.s.d.

·
Registered
38 Posts
How 'bout "The Komodo Cup"? Komodo is the brand of my cheap monitor, but it sounds better than the "I don't know what brand is my clone PC 'cause I lost the little tag Cup". Hey, my PC is like the left turning light in my Kawa: cost half but works just the same!!!

By the way, when I left my bike on a side stand that wasn't pushed all the way through, I realized something vital: if you own a 1994 Vulcan 500 (and you're a very lucky squid) you can let it go to the left and the only thing that touches ground is the turning light. I don't know if it works all the time, but I'm not willing to try again!

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Talk about "buying". How did the D'backs get Schilling and Johnson? Who did they trade for em? All the teams "buy" their talent. If they don't they end up like the Cubs every year.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yo Rob, thought some of the Americans would point this out but the World series was actually started or sponsored or something by the "World Newspaper"... thus the "World Series".

I too thought it was a 'typical' oversight until I mentioned it in the wrong company... who quickly set me straight.

Nov 30, 8pm, Calgary, Canada - had an awesome ride last night!!! Not too many of these left this season :p

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Re: Sounds like a plan.....

How about that war in afghanastan? Cant wait till the Taliban are out and we can finally secure the unical pipeline from kazakastan to pakistan, you didnt think this was about terrorism did you? Heck with our Pres and Vice Pres all big Texas oil men its all about padding the pocket, nothing more. They just needed a reason...

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/uctr/20011022/cm/the_new_great_game__1.html

·
Registered
238 Posts
Dub-ya on a Bike?

D'ya suppose that **** Cheney and the secret service would let him go out on a bike? Besides, Harley doesn't make dirt bikes that you can ride around a ranch. Can you imagine him on a Suzuki?

I live in Seattle, so I am really sick of the Yankees! Free enterprise can be a real bummer sometimes.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.