Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Very Best Year in GP followed by the Very Worst

what a mess grand prix is in. Only one kind of bike, and only 2 different riders have won a race all season. If this is the future, as the "coming of the great 4strokes" has been hailed, then please drop me into the nearest black hole! 95% of riders are going into the races psyched out, knowing their bike doesn't stand a chance of winning. what kind of garbage is that? The YZR-M1 is a great 2nd place bike, as is the NSR500 on occasion. You've got a grid loaded with talent, and only 2 guys who can use it. I don't know...maybe in a few years it'll tighten up. But after the Doohan years it was great to see close competiton. Now we don't even know if it's Rossi's greatness or the bike. Probably both, but let's see an even grid so he can prove it

·
Registered
211 Posts
Re: The Very Best Year in GP followed by the Very Worst

I agree. I was hoping for a little more action with the four-strokes all being new. If they just -had- to kill off my beloved two-strokes, they could at least have some good racing. But NOOOOO!... big $$ Honda had to come in and kill off all the fun and hand everyone else their own smoked, baked, and toasted rear-sides.

I was at least having fun watching Hopper do well on the Wyzer-500, but the new rumors are that next year, he'll be on a Honda v5 powered bike. I hope he's all healed up and can do well the rest of the season.

-James

·
Registered
780 Posts
Re: The Very Best Year in GP followed by the Very Worst

Honda was first out of the gate with a real contender and the best rider. But:

Both Suzuki and Yamaha have continued development during vacation. KRJr and Capirossi will be ready to go. Biaggi and Checa were gaining steadily in the first half.

The rest of the season should be a lot more interesting; in fact Honda may lose the second half.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Kato

Kato without the h has a whole lot to prove in the next couple of races. Can you imagine being moved from an NSR500 2-stroke to an RCV211V 4-stroke in mid-season with no practise time outside race weekends? The kid is embarassed by his performance compared to Capirossi and Barros. Prescription for disaster?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Kato

one thing is for sure - he automatically has the highest power-to-weight ratio of the entire field. 220+hp and he weights 112lbs. he's going to fly on that thing!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.