Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ducati should be competitive on this track, as they used it to develope the bike and their riders are very familiar with it.

Nows the time boys, kick it into high gear and go for the win.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I'd love to see Ducati win, but I'm afraid this track is a little to corner intensive, for the Ducati's to keep the tires healthy over an entire race distance. I think you'll probably see a Ducati on or next to the pole though.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Re: Jerez track

Yes, they do provide good info, but they left out a key fact about the Jerez circuit. When it rains there, the white lines get slippery, and there are concrete walls within highside distance of the track. That's where and how Mick Doohan ended his carreer.

Hope it will be dry.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I suspect you are right; however, I do believe that Ducati did extensive race simulation testing here in the offseason so probably have a better idea of compound selection and tire management than at Phakisa where they had never been previously.

I am not gonna bet any money on them, but this is probably their best shot at it for the early season.

My money does have Capi on the pole.

Cheers

Bob

·
Registered
27 Posts
That's right. Whenever people start talking "Official" lap records for a class, they are speaking Race laps. Qualifying records are a different thing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.