Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Hey just wanting to know if anyone have problems with throttle sticking on new Road Kings?
That would be a bad thing. My suggestion is for you to take it to the dealer and ask them to check the RETURN cable to see if it's hanging up. Until then- if you look at the thottle cables the return is the bottom one (Right- Buz). Remove it for a second and let it dangle there and start the bike. Keep your hand on the thottle (as to not over rev the thing) and crank the thing up. Blip the throttle and watch closely to see of the throttle returns by itself. It will be much slower action because the Return is disconnected but it should still return, nontheless. Then hook it back up and repeat. If the return does not happen much, much faster than with it disconnected I'd say we're on to something.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
I have a problem with the throttle on my E-Glide too. I don't think it turns far enough because it accelerates like a wounded pooch. Can any of you guys help me? I think it needs to turn a half turn farther so this thing actually moves forward. Can't even do a rolling burnout or anything. This sucks! Any one else have this problem with their Harley? Any help will be greatly appreciated, and thanks to all in advance!

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
You're slipping, longride.

I have a problem with the throttle on my E-Glide too. I don't think it turns far enough because it accelerates like a wounded pooch. Can any of you guys help me? I think it needs to turn a half turn farther so this thing actually moves forward. Can't even do a rolling burnout or anything. This sucks! Any one else have this problem with their Harley? Any help will be greatly appreciated, and thanks to all in advance!
These guys managed to get in three on-topic responses before you knocked it off topic. Shape up or ship out!

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
You probably need to jack up the license plate and slide a YamaStar Stratoliner under there, lay off the DQ Peanutbuster Parfais and hit the gym too there chubby.....

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Can't even do a rolling burnout or anything. This sucks! Any one else have this problem with their Harley? Any help will be greatly appreciated, and thanks to all in advance!
You need to ask Anarajalalala about how to build your own tire-oil ejaculation system. He perfected the motor-oil burnout system years ago to overcome his lack of power.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.