Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One just happened when I went to the shoot outs link.
I am on DSL and while not the fastest it does pretty dang well with sites like Slashdot, ExtremePC, Linux.com and so forth.

Of course my biggest peeve is the fact that they have those cream bars on the side of the page! A good half of my screen is wasted by those. I understand the idea of white space in design but those are just too big!

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Yes, it happens to me at work a lot. I believe it's a "time of response" kind of thing, but I can't be sure. Hard to ask the firewall guys to look at a problem that's not work related.

Still missing the old MO.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Same here. What really gets me is the "Fixes width design of the the site. I have a lovley 22" LCD and I am stuck reading through a key hole. I know it is much easier to write the CSS to make it fixes with but it still sucks.

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
Same here. What really gets me is the "Fixes width design of the the site. I have a lovley 22" LCD and I am stuck reading through a key hole. I know it is much easier to write the CSS to make it fixes with but it still sucks.
But nearly all site design has a fixed display.

ESPN
MSNBC
CycleWorld
2wf
MotorcycleUSA
MCN
CNN

And the reading display area is as large or larger than CycleWorld,
2wf, MotorcycleUSA, MCN.

I would have to say about 90% of large sites are fixed display and set for a screen size of a 17" monitor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.