Motorcycle Forums banner

Production Of Fuel Cell Motorcycles Begins

14K views 75 replies 32 participants last post by  Hutchinator 
#1 ·
man, i bet a guy'll pick up tons of chicks on that!

if by 'chicks' you mean unshaven fem-nazi hippies who smell a lot like pot and petruli oil.

. . .

yeah, i dunno... i don't want one.

#27 ·
Re: I thought you would never ask

I love Google.

"Turning plants such as corn, soybeans and sunflowers into fuel uses much more energy than the resulting ethanol or biodiesel generates, according to a new Cornell University and University of California-Berkeley study.

Ecologist David Pimentel...says that his analysis shows that producing ethanol uses more energy than the resulting fuel generates.

"There is just no energy benefit to using plant biomass for liquid fuel," says Pimentel, professor of ecology and agriculture at Cornell. "These strategies are not sustainable."

Of course, kpaul will just say that these are typical red-state oil-loving conservatives. From Cornell. And Berkeley.

#28 ·
My two Lincolns:

Only 100 miles and top speed of 50? So a great city commuter, lousy for a days run?

Well, it has love it or hate it looks. First though, at seeing the picture: Cool! Next though: You won't see my @ss on that.

It also requires H2 filling stations in the rider's area, and I believe those haven't exactly caught on yet, in any sort of a big way.

Okay, that might have been a nickle.

#29 ·
Disclaimer: Not coming to KP/SBB's defense!

One thing I have heard from a friend who used biodiesel was that he use to get the 'leftovers' from the deep fryer at his local fast food resurant for nothing (since they usually just throw it away), and use that to blend. That way he was recycleing waste that normally would get tossed, to make his own.

With keeping the above in mind, I would venture that since the product was now used for two purposes, the energy required to manufacture it in the first place was halfed, as opposed to making a seperate lot for use. He also used a 15% blend, thinning the dinos out that much more, though he did say he noticed a little less acceleration full open.

Just throwing out some more info to fuel the fires of discussion, I guess.

#30 ·
Re: Disclaimer: Not coming to KP/SBB's defense!

What it boils down to is this - if biodiesal was so gosh-darn awesome and easy, we'd all be doing it. That's how the open marketplace of ideas works.

#32 ·

You hit that nail on the head. There are two types of people; those that run their mouth about something, and those that actually do something. If kpaul actually produced and sold as much biodeisel with the same amount of time he ran his mouth about it, I guess he'd be one rich MF'er. But as of now, it's all talk. Of course, just as with motorcycles, he is 100% correct with his choice, and there is no alternative. Just ask him. He'll tell you. Better yet, don't ask.

#33 ·

You will never get an answer to your questions, because kpaul is a liar, and doesn't own such a vehicle. he's talking out his ass again, and simply can't shut up at this point. It's called diarrhea of the mouth. That's all he REALLY has ever had.

#35 ·

When he said he walked the walk I though he went out and bought a VW diesel. Guess he punked out again...huh?

A buddy of mine just bought a new Jetta Wagon with the TDI, he figures he gets around 50 or so on regular diesel. Pretty nice looking car.

#37 ·
Re: Biodiesel production is a winner not a loser (facts and data not opinions)

What a sad and pathetic little ego you have.

Shouldn't you be in the gym?

Or fighting forest fires?

Or racing around in your super-duper, bestest bike in the whole world?

Or writing more drivel about the death of the v-twin?

Or Googling more political crap?

Or looking into more ways to work in that you're an engineer into every day conversation?

Please! Please! We just need to hear more about YOU!

Have you saved any kittens? Have delivered any babies? Fought sea monsters? When is the KPual infomercial on motivation speaking coming out?!

Is there a magazine I can subscribe to?!

How about a fan club?

Please send me a door sized poster of your dumb @ss as soon as possible!

Can’t wait to hear more crap,

Your Biggest Fan

#38 ·
imho emisions will only get you so far, it is time to apply some effeciancy to the quotient. while a fuel cell sounds great, it is the pinacle of inefiecency, that and it's only clean @ the cunsumtion stage, production and transport sucks as bad as gasoline.

For a much lower infastructure cost and the aded benifit of scrubing co2 out of the atmosphere (thats what hapens when you grow algea, soy or rapeseed) you can have biodiesel. And we all get to keep our noisy fast vehicles.

fuel cells are nothing more than a short sighted enviromental wet dream, no diferent than a 100% electric vehicle. even range is about the same, the only advantage I can see is the impatient gas and go, no waiting for a charge. this leopard's spots are looking familiar..

#41 ·

Independent third-party, peer-reviewed studies show biodiesel has the highest energy balance of ANY fuel. A prominent USDA/DOE study shows for every unit of fossil fuel used to make biodiesel, 3.2 units of energy are gained in energy output. That's a 320% increase and includes soybean planting, harvesting, fuel production and transportation.

Now thats talking out my ass. Look it up longride if you dare..

#44 ·
Re: You can get it longride...

How can that be?! I thought Illinois was a blue state?! You said blue states were the BEST, tip-top and king sh!t! And we all know everything is easily separated between red states and blue states. You told us this many times!

How can this be?!

You dumb@ss...

#47 ·

Which issues? I will need a list. Preferably in order of KPaul importance. After each item I will need a lengthy explanation with random reference to studies and questionable statistics on how this affects KPaul and the KPaul lifestyle.

Also, if you could fit in references to your sportsbike, fighting forest fires and your engineering skills, that too would be super helpful.

#49 ·
Europe has to levy high taxes on fuel to keep demand down. Lacking oil reserves, they must concern themselves with unfavorable balance of payment accounts. We, however, go our merry way running up huge deficits with ever increasing debt service. But, as Bushie sez: wot, me worry!

#50 ·

By that map, per capita, Kansas is kicking WA's ass in biodiesel availibility. But what kind of twit would boast about the availibility of fry oil at a service station? No sane person cares about these things.

Say, kpaul, post that link again to that Comic-Sans-font website by the crazy lady who called herself "Biodiesel Mom," or whatever it was. It was friggin' riotous. Come on!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.