Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice, but Lowell just hit a HR. I can't quite bring myself to comment on a 'beginning but not yet modified' modification article while my Sox are crushing the bad guys. Get back to me when Gabe writes an article on how you can modify the S2R1000 for the better without making it ridiculously loud.

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Can't wait. Would the pegs touch down if they were wide(long) enough to fit a boot on them? The combo of the short peg and high exhaust exit gets me all pigeon toed.

A 14 tooth cs sprocket will also give the bike a huge amount of lunge on the bottom end.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Way cool ...have fun..............Love the photos..

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Nice article, Nice Duc. Makes me wanna sell my stable off, and raid the couch cushions, smash the piggy-bank, and rake around under vending machines to come up with the cash to buy one.

...........Welllllll............

;^D

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Are you sure you want to put a lot of beans into a project bike with a V-twin engine when that particular engine configuration is going to be history any day now?

·
Registered
514 Posts
it's been a long time since anyone at MO other than Yosef has done a Ducati test...

was MO on some kinda Ducati NA ***** list? For crashing that 999 and/or that truly kook comparo with the Multistrada?

·
Registered
85 Posts
The air-cooled Ducatis are really cool. A rider with intermediate skills can handle them, yet the bike is still incredibly sexy. They look very light and agile.

However, I have much less enthusiasm for the ducati dealer network. The service intervals cost more than $300, even on the little monsters. I have only interacted with one ducati dealership...but that experience was very negative. My suzuki dealer is very quick, professional, and he actually likes his customers. Plus he charges less than half what the duc dealer charges.

Basically, I think that ducs are best for riders who do their own service. You can't depend on the dealers.

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
I've got a couple of shops up here that have all of them. I think the Paul Smarts are being used as service loaners.

I've gotta get out of here, should have been riding two hours ago.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Experience with one dealer is hardly enough to make a comment like: "You can't depend on the dealers."

Granted, the maintenace is expensive, but that doesn't have anything to do with professionalism, quick service, or attitude toward customers.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Sounds like a good idea and fun. Too bad on the bike selection though. Only a loon would care about a performance oriented naked V-twin, haven't you guys heard the V-twin is obsolete? Only those snobbish Euro's like "Nakeds"?

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
They had a grey and a red one downtown. I'd have to ride one first. I think they're cool but I didn't get the "gotta have it" like I did with the Brutale.

I still like my ST4 a lot.

Look me up when you get in town.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.