Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd prefer Proton keep its focus behind MV Agusta and Husqvarna.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Since they already own MV Augusta, perhaps they decided Ducati would have been redundant, especially for what is likely limited capital to split between MotoGP efforts, MV Augusta development, and a Ducati purchase and further development.

They may compete with Ducati some day, but without further success on the MotoGP circuit to increase they're name recognition, they'll have to do it with MV, which does have a large (relatively speaking) following.

First post?

·
Registered
356 Posts
I like the site too, but no one seemed to post to it for about three months or something (there was something about a gold bike for Jimmy Stewart or ?? at the top)

And, another of your limp-**** insults fells short. Are you ever right?

·
Registered
771 Posts
I was wondering since they bought controlling intrest in MV Agusta, if team Proton/KR would re-badge themselve as MV Augusta/KR. It seems like a no-brainer with the history of MV Agusta in Grand Prix racing and the stature of KR, it would be a marketing hits for them, and put a slightly more recognised name out there.

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
Look I only discovered it few weeks ago, so pardon my ignorance. His layout is great, it is now one of favorite sites to hit. So far his update rate has been great and the stories diverse unlike when Sean leaves longride home alone at MO..... If this guy can do this well as a hobby? just think he could do full-time. I applaud his passion for it...

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
If I remember TPG's outlook...everything is for sale all the time. But you can say that for ANY publically held company.

TPG has Ducati, Burger King, Seagate, J.Crew & Bally.

I need to do some work and figger out how well Ducati is really doing, but not today. back to the salt mines for me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.