Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I heard Kawasaki had a press intro on the new and "improved" (snicker, snicker) 2008 KLR this weekend. Weren't any MOstapharians invited? If not, why didn't you guys just crash the party? When can we expect a review of the early release 08?

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Re: More good news from the GMP

I've got a link to the new Bluetec Mercedes-Benz (Daimler-Chysler product) but apparently kpoverty doesn't have the scratch to pull off the luxo car his momma so desires.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
I'll never trade in my kninja she was my first.. Just like your first girl she is special...She still has it. I rode 156 miles today.. That's why I missed the Barber races.. You guys should spend more time riding and less time on MO

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Dirck Edge is gonna be p!ssed when he sees the odometer.

·
Registered
285 Posts
A Ridgeline??????????

Bull$hit!!!

Honda came out with a new segment when they introduced the Ridgeline... the NRT (Not a Real Truck) class... Yeah, it's different and all, , but check out their sales figures... If you are going to make a "truck", at least give it a FRIGGIN FRAME!!! I think Ford tried the unibody truck in the 60's or 70's, and found out the same thing: Nobody wants to buy em. It sucks when you park cadywhompus in a ditch and find that you can't get your doors open... They also just flat friggin SUCK in their on road driving dynamics. Body roll, pitch and squat, just not what you'd expect from the big H.

O.K. Rant Over.

For those of you that don't know, I sell Fords, but seriously, that has nothing to do with it.

Really.

I'm serious!

QUIT MOCKING ME! (said in the voice of stewie from The Family Guy)

~Rob

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
Those are just imaginary miles - to go with an imaginary person.

·
Registered
80 Posts
My first brand-new motorsickle was a '92 KLR (250). Rode the pee out of it, then sold it to my best friend. He beat it like a rented mule. Rode it hard, put it away wet, fastidiously told it how ugly and stupid it was. Now I'm thinking about buying it back. Still runs great, apart from some drooling around the float needle.

Bros before KLRs...

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Ah, I remember the days when I told everyone about every ride I took, when it was all so exciting and new. Enjoy it, ksquid. It becomes routine after you get the first 1000 miles under your belt.

·
Registered
207 Posts
"MOstapharians"

ha, that's the best one yet. and i thought i was clever with MOsraelites.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Re: A Ridgeline??????????

They suck on road driving dynamics?? The only comparo that I ever saw Ridgeline to take part, it won. And because it, er, did not handle like a truck. This is what Car and Driver says:

"Driving dynamics are a high priority to Honda, so a stiff unibody chassis and a four-wheel independent suspension were necessary to give the Ridgeline a best-in-class ride."

- cruiz-euro

·
Banned
3,775 Posts

First it was motorcycles, then cars, then trucks, and now NASCAR. When will Detroit learn?

·
Registered
11,491 Posts

The problem that I (and anyone I've talked-to that dislikes it) have with the vehicle ISN'T that it's not a "real truck". Rather, it's because the Ridgeline is a USELESS truck - along with the Avalanche, that Nissan thingamajig, the Ford Explorer (new), etc.

It's even-more useless than the standard quad-cab pickups (which at least have some semblance of a bed), or even a "standard SUV".

You can't haul anything in the bed; you can't haul anything inside; it's worthless.

The damn thing is a kpaul.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts

OK AirHawk if you say they are not real truck or they are useless, that's a perfectly valid opinion. But if someone says

"also just flat friggin SUCK in their on road driving dynamics. Body roll, pitch and squat"

when in fact its tested the best riding truck on the road, well, sorry to say, this crosses from opinion to pure lies department.

- cruiz-euro

·
Registered
285 Posts

Dude... get in one, go down the road at about 45 mph, and wiggle the wheel back and forth a little, and the thing starts to pivot around it'a vertical axis like a 78 LTD... left/rignt/left transitions are just friggin spooky.

Anyway, most magazine articles (the Mighty C&D included) have a little bias. the Honda won cause it was the new thing on the block, and it was made Honda.

once again, look at their sales figures. they are an alternative to "Trucks". not a Truck.

~Rob

·
Registered
285 Posts

"Ride" and "Driving Dynamics" are NOT the same thing. A Lincoln Town Car has a good ride. A BMW has good Driving Dynamics. They are cushy, and comfortable (I didn't like the 6- or 8-inch lip you have to get your foot over to get out of the vehicle, and other sniggly things...), and are great going down the road, but when you have to accelerate, brake, or turn, they suck. IMNSHO. (grin)

~Rob

·
Registered
285 Posts

Further, the pure lies part is a little harsh, dontcha think? I was just describing my multiple experiences actually driving the things, experienced thru the critical eyes of someone that works in the industry, with particular attention payed to the specifics of the driving experience. True, I was looking for faults, but that does not change the fact that I found some shortfalls in the specific categories that I listed.

Go drive one, perform the routine that I described, and then let's compare notes. Just because Car and Driver put it #1 in the comparo does NOT make it bulletproof. They are entitled to their opinions, they just get paid for them, unlike me...

Once again, look at their sales figures.

And DAMN, Don't EVEN get me started on the new Tundra...

`Rob

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts

C&D is good for testing automobiles. As far as I'm concerned their evaluation of trucks is far too biased towards how they perform as cars. I'd be more interested in how well a Ridgeline hanles a half yard of topsoil. Oops. It can't handle any cargo, can it?

I do like C&D's standard for testing cargo capacity = number of cases of beer.

A friend of mine went and test drove a Tundra. He goes offroading a lot so he drove it to a nearby field and pressed the 4WD button. It refused to go into 4WD. He drove it back to the dealership and never looked back at it.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts