Motorcycle Forums banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Re: A Ridgeline??????????

Frame still sucks, not fully boxed. They say it's for Ride Quality, but IMNSHO it's to a) save weight, and b) save money.

They do have a Bad Mother****** of a motor, tho. The thing is quick. But I haven't had anybody at my sister Toyota store take me up on the standing challenge of hooking a chain up to the reciever hitches of the tundra mand one of my F-150's and seeing who can drag who around a parking lot.

Pussies!

~Rob

·
Registered
11,482 Posts

Whomever comes-out with an all-new-design each year gets "Truck of the Year" (or whatever of the year). It's been that way ever since I started paying attention to the "awards".

Then, when I realized this; I STOPPED paying-attention to them.

Now, all I pay-attention to is the J.D. Power and associates ratings when I buy a vehicle. And NOT the stats the vehicle-manufacturer "cherry picks" - the info that J.D. publishes on the web.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts

I've got something you ALL can chain-to, it's only got a ~200hp 5.9 Cummins diesel, and I guarantee I'll drag the lot of you around with it.........

·
Registered
285 Posts

Point being, the Tundra is "the truck that's changing everything". Oh, wait a minute, or was that the Ridgeline?

Point being, 1/2 ton to 1/2 ton......

·
Registered
34 Posts

The Ridgeline is just fine for the people that I have seen driving them. They could probably get by with a minivan and trailer hitch. But a lot the folks around here (WI) drive big bad trucks with turbodiesels, extra loud pipes and orange/black sticker on the rear window and haul little more their fat behinds and their slick shiny toolbox on the bed.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts

Well, this is smaller than your average 'dozer, but I've used to push 5 fully-laden railcars around the yard at the Mill.

As a bonus, I can drive it down the street........(probably only 10mph, but without damage to the street)

(average railcar grosses at ~265,000lb)

·
Registered
195 Posts

Would all of that attention take a little left turn if you perused the vehicle issue of "Consumer Reports"?

After all, they don't accept advertising, are non-biased, non-profit, and measure "some of the stats", themselves.

Please excuse the editorial staff for all driving Volvos, Beemers, and Lexus'.

They do a fair job on the ratings for vacuum cleaners, though.

Pretty much, "They all suck."

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
If the '08 Killer is anywhere near as decent as it looks, I might just empty the garage and get one. And it won't go on anything worse than a dirt road this time. Hopefully, the valves have been made more accessible. The dash looks very nice, the front end does too, the rack looks like it'll hold something and the skid plate looks like it might actually fend off a squirrel's head or two. The handlebar looks like cheese, but the brakes might work. The redone engine may finally address that dreaded low-end stammer and the seat padding might last through a full tank of gas. At about $5,400, not a bad deal. Red, blue or green? For a bike that was supposed to be at dealers in April, there sure is little info available.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts

"But a lot the folks around here (WI) drive big bad trucks with turbodiesels, extra loud pipes and orange/black sticker on the rear window"

I'm STILL looking for a sticker that says "I don't own a (insert bar and shield here), just this cheesy sticker".

I swear, I'll pay good money for a couple of 'em.

·
Registered
80 Posts

I stopped paying attention to CR's car reviews when they dinged the Corvette for having a "harsh, bumpy ride" and limited luggage capacity. The Volvo 240 is the asymptote of their ratings system.

After the car seat debacle, I stopped paying attention to CR altogether.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts

So what you're saying is the new F-150's frame is the only frame in all of truckdom since the dawn of trucks that worth a $hit?

I'd probably say 99% of truck owners never abuse their trucks enough to warrant the cost and weight of a boxed frame. Besides, if it's designed properly it'd be just as strong as a boxed frame.

·
Registered
285 Posts

"So what you're saying is the new F-150's frame is the only frame in all of truckdom since the dawn of trucks that worth a $hit? "

Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm saying. Best selling vehicle in the U.S. for 23 years in a row. A lot of people don't need the capacities of the 150, but a lot of people don't need the capacities of the Corvette, either.

It's not about need.

(grin)

Keep in mind that I am admittedly somewhat biased, but I do have to give it to Toyota for making a run at the Big Dog.

~Rob

41 - 60 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.