Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
You bet..."trickle-down" don't just work in ee-kon-ah-mics.

My fonder hope, as stated in earlier threads, is that Buell will win-win-win. Because then, their truly innovative tech will trickle down not just to their own street bikes, but also to other OEMs.

I mean, hey, the new hotness R6 and the newbie-oriented Ninja 650 both feature...wait for it...under-mount exhausts. I'd love to see the Big Four pick up on that more braodly, and also teh inverted front-brake setup. Fuel-in-frame is great not just for low center of gravity, but also for stability (no sloshing during transitions in part-full tanks).

My hope beyond reason is that more consumer-level road bikes will start specc'ing belt drive, but I'm not holding my breath for that one.

All in all, I'd say that I'm more conservative than Reagan and more Catholic than the pope, but I'm with John Burns on this one.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Longride u ignorant clueless ****. What is 1/4-mile bike world record? 6 seconds i imagine? If so, the 30k V-Rod is only 50% or so off the pace.

This Buell, on the other hand, should lap a road course within a couple seconds of a factory Superbike, say 2/90 slower on average or around 2%. Honda is out in FX unfortunately, but Yamaha is in.

Here we have a buell that, if all goes well, might actually be able to compete against the best the Japanese can muster, as opposed to some big heavy business-as-usual pig only competitive against others of its ilk.

Speaking of ilk, that's how u make me feel with your vicious personal attacks you reactionary turdburgling republican freke.

·
Registered
156 Posts
> I mean, hey, the new hotness R6 and the newbie-oriented Ninja 650 both feature...wait for it...

> under-mount exhausts.

Let's see, how long has it been since Ducati ran the pipes up under the seat, and all the other mfr's felt they had to copy?

Do the Big 4 believe that they now have to copy Eric Buell , rather than Tambourini?

The under engine muffler location has some advantages, of course, but why didn't they put it there 10 years ago? Too many Americans looking for 916 Styling, I'd guess..

·
Registered
514 Posts
OK all you haters, you can relax now... yer safe, nobody's gonna put a gun to your head & force ya to buy an XBRR.

Word is as of the end of the first day of the Buell dealer show, they're all sold and headed for a race track near you.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts