1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Interesting that the reporter thinks that racing a rally car is more dangerous than flying in a freaking chopper.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, statistically - he DID have a LOT more crashes in the car........

(but it only took one in the 'copter)

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Of Note: Valentino dedidcated his win today to Colin. Classy guy, that Vale.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
I swear them Helicopters kill more people than anything else. God Dam things are death traps.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm NOT starting a Bush-bash thread here, or staging an Anti-War Demonstration: But, a number somewhat-more than "insignificant" is the lives of our Troops lost in Iraq aboard these machines. Most without any "aerodynamic interference" from rockets or light-weapons-fire...........

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
He would have been safe had he had thee sense to fly thee Sud-Aviation choppeirre.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Thanks to Vale' for the notification. Speed Report had a little expose' but not much else. Sux bigtime, one of my favorite rally drivers, and riders (he was a huge motorcycle fan). Was nice seeing him in the X games recently. R.I.P....

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Airhawk,

I'm continually impressed at how they've managed to keep as many as they have in the air.

Like the USCG birds after Katrina, the USA and USMC airframes are being used at a rate they were never meant for.

God Bless those kids!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.