Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
"The bike is very, very fast".

Hmm...Makes one wonder how fast it will be once it's dialed in. Think constant 200+ MPH reading down the straight will be the norm for the RC's?

Can't wait to see the radar readings for the RCs once Honda lifts the info. embargo. I believe Shinichi Itoh was the only racer to break the 200 MPH barrier some time ago on the NSR, so I'm anxious to see if the RCs can attain those speeds (I can't remember the website that posted the highest trap speeds by racers, but I do remember vividly that it stated Itoh was the only racer to do so - others have come very close though).

·
Registered
203 Posts
yeah, Itoh reachd 203mph at Hockenheim in 1996. But it proved an unmanageable beast (for everyone besides Doohan that is) so power was tamed. i say bring back that engine - tire development be damned

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ito's bike at the time had fuel injection witch gave it topspeed but didn't work too well in the middle range of the throttle ..... I seem to remember that they had other problems with the system as well and therefore decieded to stick with carburators as on Dohans machine at the time.

·
Registered
94 Posts
LOL..Joe_momma. Yeah, it's the same here in Florida with two seasons. The only problem with the dry season is that all of the "blue-hairs" come down from the North and really phuck the traffic situation up. I think it's the wide open spaces and no snow that really fry their little minds.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.