Motorcycle Forums banner

RC211V at Phillip Island

5K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Joe_Momma 
#1 ·
Seems like Rossi is adjusting to engine braking quite well, or is that actually hindering him? Hmm, only time will tell this, and only that will tell if KRJR can again rise to the top and challenge the evil empire of Honda led by Rossi and his evil Minions. Go Kenny, may the force be with you.

First Posttttttttttttttt!!!!!

#2 ·
Okay, so we know the 4-stroke is fast, but how reliable do you think it's going to be in the first season? If it ends up finishing every race the 2-strokes are going to be outdated pretty quick.

BTW, I guess Corser is in talks to join Foggy's new team. That's shi*ty for him because I don't think they'll exactly be winning races anytime soon.

#5 ·
Re: Foolish Prediciton

That good ol engine braking seems to hinder some riders (Biaggi) while helping others (Checa). If Katoh wins, it will be because Rossi, Checa, and Roberts are killing tires. Honestly I think some bikes will do better at some tracks... Some tracks suit the 2 strokes better and vice versa.

#6 ·
lose-lose situation

No matter how well the 2stroke's do, the 4stroke people won't accept it. If the 2strokes lose, it was to be expected. If they win, it will be attributed to the fact that they have 10 years track time, they have a weight advantage, etc. etc. ad nauseum. I'd say that short of an NSR500 rider winning a race on 3cylinders, they won't recognize the machines greatness.

I'm extremely interested to know why the e-zines jump all over the RC211 when it does well, but get real quiet when the NSR500 smokes it, which i fully expect it to do at Phillip Island. You don't suppose they are biased, do you?

#7 ·
Re: lose-lose situation

I think they jump on good news, because:

A - People are interested in how it does, if it can make heretofore unheard of numbers from a stroker, it's pretty exciting.

B - It's new news, new-tech, and may trickle down to what most of us ride on the street someday (hopefully soon).

C - It is teething, as someone mentioned, so it's not really expected to do that well, so when it does, it's pretty dam*n cool, and when it doesn't, it isn't a big surprise.

When you're a pessimist, you're always happy. When you're wrong, what you secretly hope will happen does, and when you're right, at least you can say you were right.

luvmyvfr

#8 ·
Re: lose-lose situation

Hey Towncar, I think you are right, but that's done in every sport. When the Rams get beat, everyone says how they are not the perfect team, but when the do win convincingly, everyone's all "THE UNSTOPPABLE RAMS ARE THE GREATEST." Remember when Rahman knocked out Lewis?

#12 ·
The Honda Two stroke is known for smooth power, then you gotta think that the 2 stroke Honda gives tires a break while going into corners with no engine braking, while the GP1 bike has plenty of engine braking, and they are running into corners in gear... and the power is just as mean as the 2-stroke bike, just more of it. It's not always the power that kills tires it's suspension set up too. Rossi is not commenting on it directly but he has been complaining of the tire longevity.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.