Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FIRST!

Hey, thanks for that info! I just might have to try my hand at mixing my own octane booster.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Higher Altitude has lower air preasure so unless a bike has a turbo or supper charger lower octain is ok. I live at 7k feet and in Colorado they sell

85 octane as regular unleaded. It works fine in all

my vehicles and bikes. The only thing if we drive

to a lower altitude (below 5k) I need to put mid grade in the cars or they will ping. Both cars have the 4.6l ford motor.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Re: DO NOT MIX AT HOME!

Everything causes cancer. Why dont you research the contaminants diesel has put into the LA air? Just by living there you are at a risk of cancer. Do you live by a power plant? tack on a few more cancer points. Carry a cell phone??? add some more. Ever use a microwave? your killing yourself.

Give it up. Your still going to die.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: DO NOT MIX AT HOME!

I think the point is that these chemicals should not be taken lightly. You don't go and swim in the Diesel that polluted the LA air. As for the power plant, cell phone, microwave... Yeah and riding in the winter is going to give me pneumonia (see my mother in law for more wives tales).

We all want to ride forever so check your MSDS pages that come with all chemicals. Dispose of excess properly...that way we don't end up swimming in the stuff without knowing it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.