Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, yeah. But the witnesses are your friends, plus they're from Ohio and Kentucky so they can't be trusted and you could have got the so-called "bear" hair from a rug or something.....nope 'fraid you'll need more than that 'round here bub..........

Now I almost got run over by a Bufalo

in Yellowstone park on my Beemer and I have a photo of his butt disapearing into the weeds to prove it.

Court adjurned , all rise...be seated..

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am the witness from Ohio that can't be trusted. Trust me when I say I had the best view of the bear attack on Rod. When the bear came out it looked to me that he went to the attack mode. He was throughly discouraged by Rod's right boot and the bike. The collision turned the bear 180 degrees and he retreated. We all had cameras, but it happened so fast no time to get a photo.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Well, yes, there are bears in the Sierras... and Moose and Elk. Moose are probably more dangerous than Black Bears. Grizzly are best seen from a distance of a mile and it's best to have a 50cal machine gun handy around Grizz. Deer are the worst scourge, IMHO.

The Forest Service suggests wearing little bells on your ankles and carrying pepper spray to use to discourage bears. You can tell if there are bears around by the scat. Black Bear scat is small and round but larger than Moose or Elk scat. Grizzly Bear scat is larger than Black Bear scat and has little bells in it and smells like pepper spray.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
It was probably the loud pipes that set him off..:)

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
I was just joking i.e. we've had some loud pipe threads on this board.that have been wild....I figured you guys were riding with stock pipes.. Fun story not sure I believe it ...I grew up in Colorado every year there is some story about a elk or deer hunter, usually from Texas or California, shooting a horse mistaking it for game....U never see the story in the newspaper though...

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
Tek once said it was due to him being at work or something. But this last post was over the weekend and chances are he has the weekends off. It happens far too consistently for him to be miss-typing. I was wondering what type of error it would be to make this happen as this only seems to happen to him.

Just find it odd.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.