Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Yep, their sales are on fire. They're poised for even more explosive growth. Great bang-for-the-buck.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
I need help here. Does this recall mean that KTM builds junk or that KTM is a caring company that looks out for its customers?

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
They probably used those unemployable ex-military guys to design the fuel tank. How much better would it have been if they used alcoholic moto-journalists?

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Well, they don't build junk, but they haven't exactly been responsive on this issue. Riders have been complaining about the poor sealing of the caps since early 2005. KTM took two years to admit it has a problem. Of course, they continued to produce the problem tanks during that time.

Note that this does not effect their street bike offerings, just their dirt bikes.

I still like KTMs. They offer stuff that no other manufacturer does.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Yeah, the Germans seem to have a difficult time admitting that their bikes sometimes have problems. It took a decade to fix the BMW sidestands.

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
"Consumers should stop using these vehicles immediately and contact their local KTM dealer to schedule an appointment for a free repair."

--OR continue to use them will riding with an open flame near the tank and hope for an early retirement settlement.

Gotta go check CraigsList for one of these models and some road flares.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Easy answer. It ain't Harley, is it? If it's Harley, the bikes suck, and for everyone else, they are a caring customer oriented business that makes minimal profits and loves everyone.

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
France builds better bikes.

Anyhow, I gotta go. My afternoon shift at Arby's starts at noon.

You know, because that is the only job I was able to get when I started out as an unemployable youth a few years ago. I figured I would just stick with it.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
"France builds better bikes."

It's because they worship their engineers.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
I don't know where anyone can get the idea that there is racial discrimination in France. Everyone knows that only the USA has bigots. Haven't you heard all those reports from rich American trust-babies about how cosmopolitan France is? Any number of tourists back from their tour of the Potemkin villages of France will tell you that France has chocolate rivers where the children and dance and play and have gumdrop smiles.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.