Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Re: Redford

Right. RR may have starred in Fauss/Halsey, but this is by no means a motorcycle movie. I want Jay Leno to ask some of his pals to re-do McQueen's "LeMans" as a motorcycle endurance race film.

·
Registered
230 Posts
...or provide some real community moderation

Or better yet...

Institute an actual moderation feature like on slashdot.org.

The idea there is that regular readers get the opportunity to be moderators every once in a while. Users that are moderators have a couple days and a couple moderation points to play with. As a moderator, you use your moderation points to add or subtract points to/from the point totals for each post in articles that you have not replied to yourself.

The effect would be that the (currently useless) point totals next to each post would be changed at the discretion of an ever-changing and representative sample of the readers.

Once the point totals meant something, each user could set the filters to hide comments below a certain point threshhold.

That way, if you wanted to read "first post" gibberish, you could, but if you wanted to cut to the chase and read the comments that add some meaning to the original story, you could filter out all the offtopics, flaimbaits, and me-toos.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Re: Freedom fighter?

And Batista was? Cuba was such a paradise before the revolution? Sure, things aren't great there now, and it's better here, but remember that the Cuban emigre community is composed of the middle and wealthy classes that were chased out by Che and Castro.

Not everything's black and white, and whether Che fought for freedom or not is debateable, but he was a remarkeble person who deserves some attention.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Re: Redford

For a more balanced view of Che (and his motorcycle trip) get a copy of:

Chasing Che: A Motorcycle Journey in Search of the Guevara Legend by Patrick Symmes

I bought my copy from Aerostich but its also sold through Whitehorse Press.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Re: Funny I never read Washington was a Marxist...

Don't forget he also provides his people with all the Cuban flags they can wave at his staged propaganda events. Did anyone else notice that when he was crying to get Elian back to his dad?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.