Motorcycle Forums banner

Rekluse Pro Start clutch.

7K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  findangle 
#1 ·
Has anyone out there used the pro start clutch mod from rekluse?
Rekluse Pro-Start semi auto clutch for Harley Davidson Rekluse Motorsports UK 3. Rekluse Pro Start

There are lots of steep hill intersections and traffic jams where i live and i was thinking about putting one on my (new to me and first bike) sporty 1200 till i got used to the weight and power of it.

Looks like it would be a nice trick to have up your sleeve if you can avoid the obvious temptation to drag race with it. I wonder how it effects clutch wear..

and before anyone starts.. yes i know.. auto clutches come at the cost of your manliness.. I'm ok with that..

#2 ·
Has anyone out there used the pro start clutch mod from rekluse?
Rekluse Pro-Start semi auto clutch for Harley Davidson Rekluse Motorsports UK 3. Rekluse Pro Start

There are lots of steep hill intersections and traffic jams where i live and i was thinking about putting one on my (new to me and first bike) sporty 1200 till i got used to the weight and power of it.

Looks like it would be a nice trick to have up your sleeve if you can avoid the obvious temptation to drag race with it. I wonder how it effects clutch wear..

and before anyone starts.. yes i know.. auto clutches come at the cost of your manliness.. I'm ok with that..
I saw them at the Cincy V-Twin show and they look like they would work great. You can also clutch shift if you feel the need, but for hills and slow traffic, I think the thing would work fine.

#4 ·
thanks for the response guys.. I think I'm going to get one and stick it on.. shouldn't take more then an afternoon to pull it back out again if i decide it's not for me.

a sporty 1200 is probably too much bike for me to be using as a learner but it's what i have so i gotta deal.. anything that might make that a little easier or safer i think is a good thing..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.