Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very Impressive - especially the hand-bashed aluminium tank, cowl, and fairing.

·
The Toad
17,451 Posts
Gorgeous machine. And look. Just reduce the performance of a street legal R6 a bit and you have a 60s GP bike!

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
I take back evrey bad thing I ever said about the French.

·
Registered
11,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Liar! You're just saying that in case you ever get the chance to ride it!

;^D

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
Hell, I'll say nice things about Jimmy Carter for a chance to ride that.

Like, "He's very clean" or something like that.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I marvel at people who have the initiative, motovation and skill to do things like this. I can't imagine it.

"Hey, I need a triple motor that'll fit in this thing. Hmmmmm...got it! I'll just take a saw to an R6 motor and put it back together."

Whaaa?

Meanwhile, I'm bummed that one of my taillight bulbs fell into the lens and I have to take the assembly apart to fish it out.

(Gloat alert: It's in the upper 60s here and I just came back from a ride. Hey, I don't get to gloat much about the weather, okay?)

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
"Very Impressive - especially the hand-bashed aluminium tank, cowl, and fairing."

I thought quartering the engine was most impressive...

·
Registered
11,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That stuff is easy (but cool, nontheless). You ever attempt to hand-form a compound curve in a piece of sheetmetal, then copy it in a mirror-image form? I have, and failed dismally. Therefore, I have a LOT of admiration and respect for guys with Mad Metal Skilz.

;^p~

·
Registered
11,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Combing is for the Beach. I use a Brush.

·
Registered
11,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey! That was supposed to be MY weather -- you Give That Back!

·
Registered
41 Posts
day in day out, presidio, texas is between 60-70 F...and located on one of the best sportbike roads in the country...so if anyone with a me gusta would like to take it for a ride...

·
Registered
514 Posts
an exact replica wouldn't sell in large numbers but a modern interpetation with better brakes, suspension, etc... I think Ducati's already proven that with the Sport Classics

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.