Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I second the Speed Triple (not just because I own one). If you liked the riding position of your Nighthawk, you'll feel right at home on an S3. I'm only 5'9", but ran into the same situation you did when shopping for a Monster. The riding position is just plain weird.

As for being too much bike, if you had at least a couple of years on the Honda and the MSF as a refresher, I think you'll be OK. Below 5000 rpm it's pretty docile. Just make sure you're rolling onto the power above that (as opposed to whacking the throttle open) because the front wheel will come off the ground quick in the lower gears.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just for the record, I was one of the ones that was saying that tiered licensing is idiotic for precisely this reason. If this guy's been out of the game for 15 years, he's at least 30 years old and also has enough sense to take the MSF course before buying a bike. Obviously, he can't be trusted with anything bigger than a Rebel 125.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.