Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 237 Posts

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
"The extremity of such action may be understood as measure of the extreme value of symbolic territory for the socially and economically disenfranchised," notes Halnon.

People actually get paid to write such drivel!

·
Registered
424 Posts
The things described here are nothing more than signs of a society in decline.

Where Romans had bazars, live entertainment such as the colosseum and body art.

We have Malls, cage fights, and tattooing.

Other similarities are foreigners doing most of our physical work and a growing chasm between

rich and poor. Also, the fact that we consume much but produce less and less.

This is simply an illustration of history coming full circle. The particulars of 'what' our population

is distracting it's self with, example OCC or fancy tattoos is actually not important. The fact

that it's happening is all we need to know to reach the conclusion of societal decline. (IMHO)

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Actually, I think that the increasing amounts of Pro Wrestling on TV was the main proof that the Apocalypse is imminent.

Though, we may have been given a reprieve since "Commander in Chief" was cancelled.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
You can just see them sitting around in their tweed jackets with elbow patches, gloating about their intellectual superiority. And then they end up trapped in their think tank because no one can seem to figure out that door knob thingy that lets them out of the room.

·
Registered
540 Posts
The fact that people buying $50K choppers leads to anything at all surprises me. The fact that it's the rich/upper middle class doing it does not.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
The truth hurts

For the GPTB* members this must be very painful to hear. Thus the attack the messenger response from Buz and others... Because the GPTB has imitated biker gangs the only thing that bikers have to distinguish themselves is patch on their leather jacket... Even that is imitated by the GPTB.

For those of us sport bike riders, who ride for the pure adrenaline rush and fun, this article has no relevance. Our riding gear is based on pure function or its protective qualities. No group thinks for us. We don’t care about group rides, rally events, or Sturgis.

*Gray Pony Tail Brotherhood-copyright pending kpaul Inc.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Wow, did your button just get pushed, that's a strong generalization. I just wished MTV1, MTV2, VH1 still played music.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I wanna know who paid for this egghead to do this "research".

I want to send them my condolences.

"All men are mortal

Socrates was a man

All men are Socrates."

Woody Allen I think.

On the other hand it is refreshing to see that apparently the academic community still smokes lots of dope.

regards

ed

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Re: The truth hurts

Total original kthought Buz....

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Re: The truth hurts

How on earth would Kook know what people who actually ride any sort of motorcyle think?

1 - 20 of 237 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.