Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah. All you weekend posers get yer bikes out and try actually riding them to work!! There are more places to ride than to the Rock Store.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
"I ride to the gym. Does that count?"

No. Not unless you can bench more than KPaul, outrun him in the 40 and beat his MSF scores. If you do that, we can consider you a motorcyclist, and not one second sooner, bud.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I ride to work just about everyday. The whole 5 or 6 block commute kills me. I can't ride to the gym because I'm too exhausted when I'm done lifting I couldn't handle a motorcycle very good.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
I hear ya. I was riding home from the gym one day on my Ducati after the trainer punished my arms and legs. Cars were stopping in front of me and my quivering arms couldn't get a real strong pull on that front brake lever. I mashed the rear and came to a stop chattering the rear wheel all the way.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I always like to tease the secretary when I ride too, she has said more than once that she would do "anything" for a Harley. But I can't anymore, Friday was her last day and she's moving to Iowa of all places. Course that can't be much different than SD. At least we have the Black Hills here.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
I thought everyday was ride to work day. I do my 75 mile round trip commute by motorcycle because as a trendy suburbanite I'm naturaly just a socially responsible kinda' guy. I installed a cup holder and cell phone jack on my Trophy so now I can sip a latte` and chat on the phone while I blaze down the carpool lanes. Did you miss that down pour this morning Kpaul?

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Hey, one of you guys do me a favor and take a nice ride during lunch!

I am temporarily without a bike (and couldn't ride one yet, anyhow), and I'd appreciate it. 'Course, somebody could make two trips to work, but how much fun could that be?

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
I got a little bit rain spits. near Renton. But what is funny is everytime there is a hint of rain you will not see a cruiser in the parking lot. Only sportbikes and touring rigs. If I had 75 miles everyday I would probably step up to a bike like the Trophy

·
Registered
415 Posts
Here's one more who rides everyday. Oklahoma offers year 'round riding as long as the occasional 100+ f or -10 f days don't get to you. The only thing that gets me in the cocoon is ice on the road.

Some days it's the Road King and others it's the ST1100. You might guess that the ST gets ridden most on the heavy rain days.

You bet I'll be riding this Wednesday as well.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I ride to work everyday it not's raining or too cold. This "annual ride your Harley to work day" is ridiculous. Maybe we'll see lots of dressers being trailered to work and unloaded in the parking lots.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I ride to work every day that there isn't snow on the ground. The weather around Lake Superior is about as fickle as you will ever find, but I rather enjoy that "are you crazy?" look that I get from passing cagers in the middle of our monsoon like rain showers, and the "you damn fool!" I get from my wife. If only they could see the smile behind my helmet. I guess some of us just know how to enjoy life that much more.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.