Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: Ride To Work Tomorrow!

With my luck, it'll be Billy Jean King, and a Hodaka Super Rat. Thanks.

·
Registered
164 Posts

Already had Anna.......it's now boring.....any other choices?? Also, I work out the house. Does going out to lunch on the Ducati count??

Ducati "Foggy" Monster Man

·
Registered
1 Posts

I have a pretty and mint Nighthawk ujm, so I guess I'm safe from your curse staying home. Seriously, I work in a poor neighborhood in NYC. Enough of the young men there love bikes and have no inhibitions about lifting bikes from their owners that I'm not risking leaving it in the street here 10 hours. If I had a safe place to leave it I'd ride it tommorrow, but riding it one day to make a dubious point (dubious because I can't ride it consistently: 1) because of fear of theft, and 2) because it's aircooled and I'd have to lane split every day going home during the NYC summer gridlock or damage the engine with overheating), and risking losing it seems dumb. I'll ride tommorrow after I get back from work when the traffic dies down after supper.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts

I rode to work in an armored HMMWV today, does that count? Somebody ride twice for me, OK?

FWIW, very few motorcycles on the road here. One look at the condition of the cars and trucks and you'll know why!

The Iraqi Police have old Suzuki 750 copsickles, but I've never seen one in actual operation.

"Who's yer Baghdaddy?"

pplassm

·
Registered
1,465 Posts

I rode to work this morning but have to ride to a meeting in a few minutes. That ride is for you. I hope you like mountain roads that end in a small college town. Your bike for that ride will be an ST1100. Hope that is ok. Get back safely.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Re: Ride To Work Today!

Ahhh, yes!

It was meant to be! My ride in today was almost uninterrupted - the lights were almost all green, the clueless drivers must've been lost on other routes, and life is good.

Hope y'all get some wind in your face somehow today!

Hey Buz, come on up hee-yer to the ******* Riviera and check out the cold beer for breakfast and toothless wimmen.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: Ride To Work Today!

All my meetings this time are in Boca, Ft lauderdale and Miami but there is a young lady I "know" (in the Biblical sense) in Destin.

I tell her she lives in the ******* riveria and she gets all bent and says Destin is the "fancy" part.

My ride to work is a Chrysler Sebring rentacar.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts