Motorcycle Forums banner
41 - 60 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Re: Ride To Work Today!

I'll be damned if I'm going to take my ST11 (aka "The Fat Lady") out for a 72 mile commute here in Metro ATL today (Cobb to Gwinnett and back). I detest the commute even in my cage, but the money and co workers sort of make it worthwhile. Instead I think I'll go scrub off the mold release compound from those brand new Metzlers this evening. At least I'll go for a ride today. Selah.

·
Registered
19 Posts

I rode in, today, as I do always. I saw two additional New Jersey numbnuts than I usually do, riding in tank tops and shorts on 600 cc sportbikes.

I propose a "Ride to work in proper motorcycle clothing day."

ATGATT

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Re: Boom boom

A sawed off pistol grip 12 gauge fits nicely into most tank bags, and has a real calming effect when tapped against an errant motorists side window at 70mph.

Of course while a 30mm vulcan mounted on the bars upsets most bikes weight dynamics, an old swivel mounted water cooled .303 Lewis gun ties in nicely with the "nostalgia" look so popular today.

In honor of my dads Korean service with the R.E.M.E. and my own affinity for all things Brit. my choice would of course be the trusty banana clip top fed Bren gun, also in .303.

A real crowd pleaser when fed with AP and green tracer rounds.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: Roach Motel

Maybe, you could construct a replica Nighthawk out of cardboard, and coat it with some real strong adhesive/bug poison, like a roach motel.

When these "young men who love bikes" come to steal your UJM, they'll get stuck to the replica, and die a horrible, writhing death.

That, or you can coat the REAL Nighthawk with a strong adhesive/bug poison. Won't help the cooling problem, however.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Re: Everyday

I actually saw less (only one today, normally 3 or 4).

I guess we'll see this afternoon. The forecast wasn't good for the Chicago area either, but I didn't bother to check that till after work...

Dan

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Re: Ride To Work Tomorrow!

Thank You for your service.

I will strap "Bobby the Intern" on the back of one of our ST bikes and ride him down to Irvine to pick-up one of the other bikes in the shootout. We'll leave with one bike and return with two in your honor. -Sean

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: Ka-boom

Or a 1.65 Hotchkiss, mounted in a Velorex sidecar.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts

A Lewis gun would look quite dandy in an HD sidecar rig. Matching leather flying helmet and scarf are optional.

Nostalgia would have me mount a twin Browning 50cal MG. However having actually run thousands of rounds through the things I think the recoil would be counterproductive.

Can you say 75 to -20mph in 5 seconds?

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts

With the horsepower (or should I say, lack of) that my trusty KZ750 puts out, anything bigger than a .22 would be counterproductive.

A quad Ma Duce facing rearwards might be a definite performance enhancement, however.

"Loud Barrels Save Lives"

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Re: Wrong attitude, dude!

I've more than a couple of these clowns try to get me to race them. One of them had his 8-10 year-old daughter in the back seat (BMW 330ci convertable). Poor kid.

Even if I was inclined to racing on public roads, such as these fine, upstanding citizens, I don't think I'd want to be within a mile of these clowns at high speed.

The funniest, and most telling, part is they actually think they can win.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts

What year is your KZ? I had an '81. Wasn't that bad. 74 HP is still a lot of goose, even if it's poor by modern standards. It ate cages for breakfast which is the main reason I own one in the first place.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Re: what the f**k !!!

I used to commute from San Clemente to San Diego and it took quite a few months to get real comfortable slicing through the morning rush into San Diego. But, I finally did and even split lanes at night on some late departures.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Re: I'd Love to But...

Sorry to hear about your getoff. Hope you heal quickly. I have a Joe Rocket mesh jacket I bought when they first came out and thought it was great at first, but am having doubts now. I'm sure my jacket would have faired worse than yours. I'll replace it before next summer.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Re: OK fine, Ride your bike tomorrow!

The was a young bull and an old bull in a field next to eachother.

The young bull, upon seeing a herd of cows, exclaimed, "hey let's run over there and do one of those cows!"

The old bull replied, "let's walk over and do them all."

·
Registered
1,125 Posts

I made it in on my '70 TR6 Tiger even though I don't usually ride that bike in 100 degree weather.

I used to though, when that was the only bike I had.

But, I am riding it more now that I learned you can free the clutch by putting it in top gear (4th) and pushing it forward with the clutch in. And I now keep a towel in the frame behind the carb to cover the tickler when priming the carb. I just need another set of points as a spare for longer rides. The ones in there have been going since '95.

Well, I'll have to sign off now - it's time for my nap.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: Kawazaki

Yep, that's what I have. A silver & blue edition. My dirt-riding buddy gave it to me in a few big, oil stained boxes. His step dad hopped the thing up, and never put it back together. It sat, disassembled, for about 15 years.

It's got a Wiseco 880 kit, big cams, Kerker, Lockhart oil cooler. Two more teeth on the rear sprocket (for the cams, I guess). Ported too.

After I rejetted it, it turned 73 horsepower at the rear wheel (on a Dynojet). Redline stock is 9500, but the thing spins way past 10,000 now. At around 8 grand, it hits hyperspace.

I've had it for about five years now. The bike is claw hammer reliable. Handles kind of spooky, though. I think the '81 was Kawasaki's first try at a "sport bike". Triple discs and all that.

It resides proudly, next to the other ex-basket cases in my Garage. Type "Peyote Pizza" in the MO News Search engine. You’ll get a better idea of what my garage looks like…

41 - 60 of 131 Posts