Motorcycle Forums banner
61 - 80 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Re: Boom boom

Hey, cool. My first real street bike was a '80 KZ750T which was the "custom " twin, bought new in '79 for $2500 OTD. I rode the crap out of it for the year it took me to build my first shovelhead, then I kept it for a commuter and back road thrasher. I finnaly gave it to my dad who rode it for another 5~6 years.

When he sold It had over 75k on it and still going strong. Those old Kaws are damn near bulletproof.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: 750T

I bought a '79 750 Twin from a shipmate of mine, when he got out of the Nav. It was purple, with white stripes.

I thrashed it for a few, and sold it to some boot camp, when I shipped out to Miramar. For all I know, it's still being passed around NAS Oceana, from squid-to-squid (literally).

Another heavy, reliable, tank-like motorcycle, from Kawasaki. Did I say heavy?

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Re: 750T

Mine was red with gold pin stripes, It was the beginning of the UJM custom phase, so it had pull back bars, a stepped seat and a tail piece that looked more cafe`than "chopper". I bought it with the money I saved up on the boat. I put a Kerker two into one on it, sounded pretty good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: Ride To Work Today!

Love to ride to work..............but I think not. Over here it is 8 degrees with hail and 50 knot gales, call me a wimp if you must but hypothermia gets harder to shake as I age.

Enjoy your summer, we still have another 3 COLD months ahead.!!

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Re: Ride To Work Tomorrow!

Thanks to all for your kind and supportive thoughts! We ARE doing good work here. Don't believe all you read in the press.

pplassm

·
Registered
466 Posts
No media coverage this year ?

In my area (Chicago) I saw no difference yesterday and last night it occurred to me that I had not heard any media coverage, either. A check of CNN and MSNBC web sites today does not find any stories. It looks like this event is going to need better publicity, maybe get some biker-celebrities to issue a statement about how they plan to participate, etc.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts

When you get a chance, post some news here. I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd like to hear what you guys (and gals) are doing there. I'll be happy to share it with everyone I know.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·

No kidding. Berger walks out of the National Archives with classified documents stuffed in his pants and the New York Times manages to find some space for the story on pg. 17.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Re: I am in F-in! New Orleans right now for business!! DAMIT!

I'd suggest Cafe Giovanni on Decatur street right next to Club La Pension. Duke is an excellent chef.

Irene's is a local's place that is awesome as well. You're on expense account!

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: Ride To Work Today!

Jeez, do you live in the South Pole?

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Re: The Real BonaFide Actual You Can Trust Us Truth Police.

He didn't know taking classified documents home ,and then throwing some away was illegal. That's right up there with "I had the joint in my mouth, but didn't inhale" and "I did not have sex with that woman", which are famous qoutes from our one time Chief liar. You know. The one the perjured himself in front of a Grand Jury. I gotta agree with JB. We need to vote Democratic, so we can get the truth.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Re: I am in F-in! New Orleans right now for business!! DAMIT!

My favorite is Adolpho's on Frenchmen. It is located over a bar, and there is not a right angle in the place.

Indescribable food, decent prices.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: Hell of a ride home from work yesterday.

Dumroll, maestro.

So, how was your ride home from work?

Yesterday, at the 118/405 exchange, someone dropped an exploding wooden pallet in the no. 2 lane, it was like riding through a sawmill.

Many cagers panicked, and swerved right into the larger chunks of pallet left over from the initial impact. This caused the swirling dust cloud of wooden splinters, nails and broken pieces of 4x4s (big pallet) to extend another half mile down the 118 W.

I escaped unscathed, though. Phew, it's getting kee-raizy on those freeways...

61 - 80 of 131 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.