Motorcycle Forums banner
121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Re: I'd Love to But...

My Joe Rocket mesh jacket (the very light "ballistic" one) just fell apart on a lowside of about 30 mph. Any faster and it would have been really ugly.

I'm not so sure about anything that isn't dead animal any more. (quality dead animal, too)

·
Registered
356 Posts
Re: There you go again

Even imagining about ***** around with top secret codeword documents is enough for jailarity. Sandy Berger knows that like he knows the fold of every one of his Krispy-Kreme induced flappygut rolls. You would look like less of an idiot (no small task for a facking chump like you) if you would just admit to being in the pay of MoveOn.

If you really believe in "no harm, no foul", since Joe Wilson and Valerie Plame are still alive, will you forgive whoever leaked to the press? I mean, they're alive and all.

You stupid puke. Oh, and BUY AIRBUS!

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Pah. Every day is Ride to Work Day. I use this day as Ride with Extreme Prejudice Day. You want cagers to wake up? Do what I do and ride an ACMA/Vespa TAP 56. It's got a longitudinally-mounted recoilless rifle (you sit on a pad over the breech.) Sure, it's a Vespa, but nobody will rag you about it. Ever.

I used to get by with a Nimbus 750 sidecar rig with 20mm antitank gun, but ever since the advent of cellphones it takes a clean hit straight through the engine block to get their attention. With the recoilless rifle I can leave a burning hulk as an example to the others.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So, what's the big deal about riding to work? I ride to work every day, and every where else for that matter. I don't own anything but a motorcycle. My current ride is a BMW R1100S "Light". So, what's the big deal about riding to work one day. I gave up vehicles with more than two wheels several years ago, and haven't looked back. No regrets. Oh, and yeah, I'm single and own a house. I just don't see what all the to do is about riding one day out of the year.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Re: BFD

"Berger's thing is smoke screen."

I'm surprised you admit this. Tell us more. What was he trying to cover up with his smokescreen?

"No harm was caused by it."

No kidding. I mean, it's not like copying Top Secret documents and smuggling them out of a secure location is a Federal offense... D'oh!

"Get real"

Yes, you should. You've now descended into utter self-parody.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Re: This ought to make your day

Yeah, the great thing about ABC/CBS/NBC/PBS/NPR/NYT/LAT/Time/Newsweek is that the institutional bias is so organic that no memos are even necessary. The Hive Mind works as one.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I understand what your doing. I used to be in the same place. A "wife and kid" kind of forced my hand back into the 4 wheeled world.

Still ride the bike every day, unless I got to pick up the kid or something.

The Minivan does make it easier to get to my dirt bike areas easier, and with more supplies.

121 - 131 of 131 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.