Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
1st: Lil' Nicky

2nd/3rd/4th in any order

Miguel/Matt/Goby

if there is any mechanical problems, Bostrom or Pascal rounding it out. I see a problem at Kawasaki with Al Luddington going back to Honda. I don't think Eric will mirror last years effort.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Miguel an "OUTSIDE" chance? Though he does not like the 51 nearly as much as he liked the 45, he clearly has Daytona dialed in, when it comes to race conditions. He'd only be an "OUTSIDE" chance if he was riding a VR-1000.

·
Registered
146 Posts
The Honda's should be FAST but I still like the older four's -

I like Mladin.- consistency and track record.

Gobert without mechanical/tyre problems could blow all away.

How does E-Boz ride that fast on the 1995-era Kawasaki?? Simply stunning!

·
Registered
356 Posts
didnt that kwack come out in like 92 or 93? with almost no changes since (yes the street bike) are they required to use the streetbike chassis?

I thought i read something a while back saying kawasaki was going to lose eligiblity for the zx-7rr because of some 10 year lifespan rule.

Not knocking it, its one of the few bikes that my heart has an irrational soft spot for.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yep. If I remember cdorrectly the original bulbous faired bike was '89 + 90 with essentially a tweaked GPX750 engine in '91 + 92 was the model with the ribbed snorkels. 93 brought the 'L' model with one ram air snout.

I think the 95 model might have had a shorter stroke, but I dont think the chasis has changed that much.

Yeah, I've heard about that homologation rule too, but I guess Kawasaki is more interested in MotoGP - and I cant blame them for not putting R+D funds into a class that cant seem to sort itself out.

Just what is going on with Superbike?? After the 825cc debacle, finally introducing weight differences, who knows what they will change next..........

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Though past his power peak, he still dropped a 1:47.2 on the world today at Daytona. 2nd to Nicky Hayden who highsided, after a 1:47.1

Front Row for the 200 is N Hayden, M DuHamel, K Roberts and An Gobert

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
I know what you mean, the manufacturers are focused so much on moto gp that superbike and world superbike are getting short changed,, I think 4 stroke gp bikes are going to reduce sbk to an afterthought , really a shame.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.