Motorcycle Forums banner
61 - 80 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Re: OK I need to vent..

Well im a mechanical engineer and I wouldnt want to use code that I wrote. Its all necessary and important. What a man does or degrees he has has no direct relevance to his cred as a motorcyclist ,which is what this site is all about. I dont care if Seru is an eighth grade dropout;if he has lots of experience owning,working on and riding motorcycles he is important to this site. And i dont care if KPAUL is a PHfriggin D ;if he doesnt hold motorcycles high enough in his priority list to buy a battery, has only owned one bike, and doesnt ride much,he has nothing important to contribute. Uhoh...I just vented again

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·

"but something in me makes me stay civil. "

I had mine surgically removed.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·

"Well im a mechanical engineer"

See - I'm impressed.

Seriously, there's no more under-rated occupation than mechanical engineers. You guys rock. Can't thank you enough for all those great roads and bridges and stuff.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts

Using computers makes it more difficult to screw up the orders of magnitude that one might drop when using a slide rule. That way we get fewer dams built with 1000 cubic yards of concrete when we really needed 10,000.

See? Computers are important!

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Software 101

I have degree in Electrical Engineering (ABET accredited) and one in Business Admin from a top 30 school (22 was the last rank). I am working on a Masters Degree in Software Engineering (I switched from Computer Science).. I worked 4 years as a hardware engineer before I switched to software in real-time first latter middleware, web services, etc. Now I manage a software development group.

Kreb is right on about Software Engineering.

It's a young discipline that doesn't get enough repect in my opinion. Electrical Engineering is mature.. Software is fun and creative and I get to work with really smart creative people.. Software is all around you from embedded stuff like your phone to ipods, to alarm systems, the internet, etc. I love it.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts

Those are Civil Engineers. Mechanical Engineers are the guys who design stuff like the Yugo and the Ural.

(Well and Porsches too but it's not as funny).

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·

"Where do you think many of the rascists live? In the multi-racial diverese cities or in the single race fenced communitlies in the burbs? "

Having lived in a multi-racial diverse city neighborhood for the first thirty years of my life, and a single-race "fenced community"-equivalent for the past ten, and having friends from both environments, my answer would be the former.

Yeah, it flies in the face of everything we're told, but it's true. If I had to take a stab at the reason why, I'd say it's because folks in the suburbs are generally nicer, better people all around. Hence, fewer pathologies, including racism.

But, that's just my life-long wide-ranging experience-borne opinion (LLWREBO).

·
Banned
3,775 Posts

"great roads and bridges and stuff"

Usually Civil engineers do that work there buddy.. Mechanical folks do all kinds of stuff from Thermodynamics, Engine Design, etc. Most of my buddies in college were MEs and I played on their softball team.. Software Engineering is under-rated as well.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·

Y'know, I knew that. Really I did. Brain fart.

OK, mechanical engineers are a solid second place.

So, any civil engineers here want their d!cks sucked?

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Half of the posts in this thread followed my "double his miles" post. Where are my chimichangas?

Oh, I forgot - nobody gives a f**k.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Re: Software 101

Your credentials are not the issue here Kpoop, the issue is that you ...ummm...."bought the dinette set" .........so to speak, if all it's taking to keep you off your bike is a ***** battery I'll go to Bent Bike and buy you one.

Other wise you have no business contributing to a motorcycle web site when you are a motorcyclist by the absolute thinnest of definitions.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
You can drive on my bridge..

Actually I built a basal wood bridge in high school that won a state-wide contest... It was beautiful .. But boys being boys we latter broke it by putting my high school physics teachers pickup on it. I also got an A in Statics, Dynamics, and Mechanics of Materials (3 ME/CE classes). Not to brag but EE and Chem E are regarded as the toughest engineering disciplines. Sound like you were a Computer Science or IS major. I was one course short of a minor in CS.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Re: Software 101

My kids, wife and dogs come first and in that order. If that is not manly enough for you guys tough.. I am the sole wage earner . back to work lunch hour is over..

·
Banned
3,775 Posts

Like I said to sarnali. My kids, wife, and dogs come first an in that order.. I am the only provider for them.. That means paying for a 2600+ sq ft. 4 bedroom 3 bath house in Puget Sound, 3 cars another one needed, 1 private university education, 1 set of braces, a Nordstrom's credit card for the wife, etc.

Also anyone that rides has something to contribute to MO. I don't get this experience snobbery..

·
Registered
730 Posts

Well actually I test stuff...and to be honest ive been in management so long i shouldnt even be considered an engineer anymore. But we management types like to hang on to the term engineer to fool us into thinking we're still useful.

61 - 80 of 150 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.