Registered
11,488 Posts
Re: You can drive on my bridge..

Really?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Re: Thanks, but NO thanks..

I forget what movie it was, but there was a scene where some hollywood has beens were attending the funeral of their friend the stuntman. The hearse came into the cemetery at a about sixty miles an hour and did a handbrake turn which spun the car about 180. The rear door flies open, the casket is flung out, and slides into the waiting grave. Now, THAT's how to go out.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Re: Software 101

I almost offered to do this myself, but I'm nowhere near Seattle, or even the Left Coast.

Now, the ball is in your court, KPaul. Will you accept help from a fellow Motorcyclist?

You have to know, respect for you would jump-up several notches if you're willing to do so. It would prove several of your detractors wrong (this one included) - and I daresay they'd willingly eat Crow on this one.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Re: OK I need to vent..

Actually, in the interest of full-disclosure, I can't really be included in the "Dropout Category" any longer. I have since Highschool earned a Diploma, and a few-hundred hours of post-secondary education under my belt.

No "Titles" or anything, though.

Unless you count "Chief Ass", or "Raging Prick".

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Isn't there a way to Engineer some Civility into this discussion? I read this, and it make me Soft-Ware it really counts - in the Ole Mechanical Room..........

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
No, no, NO! Civil engineers get a bl*wjob. Mechanical engineers just get the handy.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts

Don't worry about it. I have a technician who works with me who is a far better engineer than this other PhDed engineer who only comes up with poorly documented gibberish spaghetti code.

Them sheepskins are waaaay overrated.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts

Do you have a wife and two daughters?

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Amazing how many folks are so interested in me...

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts

Like he's the only person who ever raised a family.

I've never stoped riding. Even if I had to trade a gun and some cash for a ratty KZ750 I still always rode no matter what. All these excuses are worse than pathetic. Where there's a will there's a way.

That BS meter is pegged!

·
Banned
3,775 Posts

Thanks I am getting my battery... i.e I put my foot down on it. today. Yes I am softy i.e the girls start crying and I turn into a marsh mellow...

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts

I'm still laughing over the "what school did you go to" snobbery. As if I haven't seen some real crappy engineers from some really good schools. That "what school did you go to" crap is just a way for the incompetent to pretend a level of expertise without having to actually prove it.

For that matter the last engineer I saw fired from my workplace had a PhD but couldn't write workable programs.

So much for that old school tie shyt. The refuge of the idiot.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·

They're not the problem, k. It's the too-much-house and the Nordstroms card. Jeez, you're thick.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
Car wrecks are always fascinating.

·
Registered
352 Posts

come on... I rode my bike everday for a month with a bad battery! it's call push-start! :)

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Trainwrecks even moreso.

But, a Plane-crash; That there is worth stoppin' and gawkin'............

·
Registered
872 Posts

I guess I'll just go buy a battery charger and shut up. Sheesh, I put a lot of work into that.

101 - 120 of 150 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.